• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Wanted - Swim ladder for Ericson 39

bbboat

Member II
Looking for an inexpensive swim ladder that will fit an Ericson 39. If you don't have one to sell but know of where I can get one, please let me know.

Thanks!:egrin:

stillwater

Member II
39 stern ladder

Hi Dan,

I too am thinking of a stern ladder for our 39. After having an unplanned overboard experience with our Cal 29 a couple of years ago I fitted a decent stern ladder from West Marine. It worked well and was about $150.

I'm also considering a side mounted ladder since the transom is a ways off of the water level.

I business associate in our boatyard that makes beautiful stainless hardware, rails, etc if you have a design idea. Maybe build two.

Regards,
Dal Farias
E39 #36
Bellingham, WA

Guy Stevens

Getting on and off a 39

There is a company I think it was in Florida. (I will check that set of records next time I am in storage for you), that makes a ladder that mounts to your sail track with two cars. This is perfect for the 39. It folds up in three sections and then is tied to the lifeline. It was wonderful on our E-39 mounted midships on the port side.

The cars on the track allowed for a pivot there then there were two sets of hinges on each tube, which allowed it to fold up. The offset on the track, was about perfect to let the tubes stack in the space made by the offset.

I have a photo somewhere. I will look for that too.

Putting one on the stern will not help in any kind of bording emergercy as it moves way way too much. Center side boarding is the only way to make it work.

Guy
:)