• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Waste Connection

James Carlisle

For years I have been using a universal rubber funnel connection when pumping out the holding tank in my 1985 Ericson 32. Lately I've started to research the proper thread size of the waste connection on the port side of the boat with little luck. A 1-1/4" npt NozAll Pumpout Adapter is too small and the 1-1/2" is too large. Our pumpout fitting is 1-1/2" diameter and that seems common. Measuring the fitting cap from the boat matches the 1-1/4 npt specs at 11.5 threads per inch but still cannot find an adapter that fits. What gives? Is there a special addapter required? There are no fittings that I know of between the two sizes mentioned. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Jim, Hull#637:esad:

I suppose that replacing the fitting is an option but, why would they (Ericson) use such a fitting that employs a running thread fitting when all plumbing fittings are tapered? Why is it larger than 1-1/4 inch and yet smaller than 1-1/2 inch? It does not appear to be metric. Does anybody know what fits this thing? Is it available?

Last edited:

u079721

Contributing Partner
I too tried for some time to find a matching fitting, with no luck. In the end I decided it was easier to just replace the deck fitting with one of the modern standard sizes and be done with it. It was a bit of a pain, but actually not a bad idea since anything that old should probably be re-bedded anyway. I kept the cap of course, since it would serve as a replacement for one of the other deck fills if I should ever lose those caps.

Emerald

I made a simple adapter which fits my fittings and an E-38 that joined our marina this spring. It is nothing more than a 1 1/4" piece of close nipple, which threads into both our deck fills without issue, that has one of the common 1 1/4" -> 1 1/2" rubber adapters clamped on it. So you screw the 1 1/4" side with rubber adapter already clamped on into the deck fill, stick the "standard" 1 1/2 pumpout suction into the other end of the rubber adapter, tighten the hose clamp, and pump away. Probably cost only a couple bucks and a lot easier than changing deck fittings. I can post a picture if my description is confusing.