• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Weekend projects

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Shannon,
Is your new pump for the pressure water system, or a fresh or raw water pump for the engine? What kind of pump did you buy and where did you get it at a reasonable price in these days of supply chain delays?
Frank

Mr. Scarlett

Member III
Almost there.....? I have no idea. The short term goal is to be able to start the engine and have running lights by the time I go back to work. I wish I had a pic of all the wire I've pulled.

Attachments

• 20220210_173222.jpg
    20220210_173222.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220119_132351.jpg
    20220119_132351.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220123_135322.jpg
    20220123_135322.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 15

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Several weekend project. I hope to use next weekend to pull the trailer out and start sanding the rest of the bottom, and order paint if it finally becomes available to order.
Lovely Bruce King Design! Even just sitting on the trailer.
:)
While you have it in the shop you might want to consider bracing the "gate" stanchions. This adds a lot of safety and convenience to using your boat.
Note that there are ready-made braces available that slide onto most stanchions. I can post more pix if desired.

Last edited:

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Projects seem to be going backward on me - stuff breaking faster than I can go forward. Trying to alternate house/boat/paid projects. But weather/customers/dogs/squirrels/woodpeckers/entropy are all working against me.

For the boat: noticed today that the fenders got squeezed out during one of this weeks blustery days and the edge of the dock (though padded) rubbed through the paint (again.) And the wind instrument atop the mast appears to be loose. Next calm morning (maybe Wednesday?) I need to go up and down the mast and check every tang, pin, screw, and bolt. Before leaving the dock again. The problem is that calm spring mornings are also frosty mornings.

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Word of advice while you have the sole removed ( I've been where you are ) check all water lines and replace any that need it. Also wiring. I found a leaking waterline from my port tank after completing the installation of the sole.
What do you look for, besides wet spots?

Chschaus

"Voila"
In my case the port tank would not pressurize, the connector to the tank was cracked and there was a small split in the gray line. I replaced with PEX. Eventually I will replace all the old gray Polybutylene with PEX.

Kenneth K

1985 32-3, Puget Sound
Blogs Author
Waiting to get the new forestay, mid-, and aft-lower shrouds back from West Marine so I can reinstall them. WM originally estimated a 7-day turnaround, but they found several parts with nonstandard sizing, so some custom ordering was involved. Going on 3 weeks now.

If I cant get around to replacing the rest of the standing rigging soon, I may just put it off till next winter. WM said they get busy with professional jobs in the spring- sunmer.

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Projects seem to be going backward on me - stuff breaking faster than I can go forward. Trying to alternate house/boat/paid projects. But weather/customers/dogs/squirrels/woodpeckers/entropy are all working against me.
Same here. I feel your pain. Damn entropy.

Shankara

Member II
I successfully removed the old marine head, hoses and holding tank this weekend. Feeling very sore, yet also very happy with myself.

Teranodon

Member III
I successfully removed the old marine head, hoses and holding tank this weekend. Feeling very sore, yet also very happy with myself.
What's your plan? I ask because I'm about to do like you, and install a Thetford PortaPotti 345.

Shankara

Member II
What's your plan? I ask because I'm about to do like you, and install a Thetford PortaPotti 345.
I’m going to go the easy way and just replace it with the same system but all brand new. I even have the same model jabsco head and new holding tank from same company so it all just fits.

Before I do that though, I’m going to take advantage of having the plumbing out of there. Deep cleaning of lockers and bulkheads, repairing of epoxy work, epoxy paint everything, and try and make it all like new. Then I plan to sand and varnish the head room woodwork while the head is out. After that I will be able to do all of the boats electrical re-wiring that shares the passages with the plumbing - which is actually the whole reason why I needed to remove the plumbing in the first place.

Thanks to the poster of this thread because it actually motivated me to complete this phase by today!