• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

West Marine BoGo Lewmar Winch sale

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Flyer arrived in the mail today.
"Buy One Get One" - same model winch only,
30% off on Lewmar handles, also.
25% off on Lewmar hatches.

"Prices good March 10 - 15" (2021)

I used this promotion a couple years ago to put new house top winches on our boat. I seemed like a real good deal then and still does.

"No personal or financial interest, just passing along the information."

Last edited:

woolamaloo

Member III
I got a couple self-tailers for my genoa sheets last year. A great price. Last year, they had BoGo for the winch handles too.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Watch your mail for a possible promo post card or check the WM site every day this week. This annual sale should be happening again. It is always limited to only a few days.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
WM sent out their blast email, as of 0516 today.
Bogo Lewmar winch sale is underway now.
FYI, as the saying goes........

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.55.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 6.55.56 AM.png
    285.9 KB · Views: 20

RCsailfast

E35-3 Illinois
Crazy question.
we still have the original Barients on our boat. The Lewmar winch handles don’t lock in the winches well but the Harken handles work great. Wondering if the Harken handles will lock in the Lewmar winches properly. Really don’t want to have 2 types of handles on the boat. But hard to pass up on the BOGO offer.

woolamaloo

Member III
Crazy question.
we still have the original Barients on our boat. The Lewmar winch handles don’t lock in the winches well but the Harken handles work great. Wondering if the Harken handles will lock in the Lewmar winches properly. Really don’t want to have 2 types of handles on the boat. But hard to pass up on the BOGO offer.
Randy,
I've tried to find a good picture of my winches and handles but they're always right on the edge of a photo and not clear enough to show you just what I have.
My primary Genoa winches were Barient 21s and I used a chrome Barient handle with them. Two West Marine BOGO seasons ago, I replaced those two with Lewmar EVO #30 2-speed self-tailing winches. I also bought the BOGO 10" Lewmar lock-in winch handles. The new Lewmar handles work exactly the same as the Barient handles and work with all the winches I have on board: 4) Barient, 2) Lewmar and 1) Harken. (Yes, I have seven winches on my 30' boat.)
I hope this helps.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The new Lewmar handles fit Barients.

They're long, and room for two hands which has proven useful. They snap in with a long patented lever on the arm that is handier than the old switch on the traditional head. However, the lever has to be depressed to mount them, which is not true of my old handles.

All in all, new Lewmar handle scores well for me. So does the new Lewmar winch. But get the orientation correct.

winch Capture.JPG...A Barient bad install .JPG
Lewmar vs. Barient

Last edited:

RCsailfast

E35-3 Illinois
I just Wanted to know if the Harken handles work well on the Lewmar winches.

mordust

Member II
Anybody know offhand what size Lewmar winches would be needed to replace the Barient 27 2 speed self tailers on our E32-3?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Anybody know offhand what size Lewmar winches would be needed to replace the Barient 27 2 speed self tailers on our E32-3?
I suggest a 46ST. Nothing any smaller, and unlikely the mounting area will accommodate anything larger.....
Check the size spec's against your present winch base size.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Note: the West Marine "BoGo" Lewmar deal ends today.
As Yoda said, "Do or do not....."

RCsailfast

E35-3 Illinois
I’m going with Yoda “do”
going to replace the 2 cabin top winches for the main sheet and main halyard.
currently the sheet winch is a Barient 19 and the halyard is a 21.

The Lewmar selection guide calls for the EVO 30 for our 35-3. However the EVO 40 is closer to physical size of the existing Barients. Wondering if one is better suited than the other.
Appreciate any opinions in the 11th hour of the sale

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The Lewmar selection guide calls for the EVO 30 for our 35-3. However the EVO 40 is closer to physical size of the existing Barients. Wondering if one is better suited than the other.
Appreciate any opinions in the 11th hour of the sale
For both of our house top winches, we like the upgrade from the stock 30ST to our Lewmar "BoGo" 40ST, and you have more sail area than us.
Get the 40ST.

RCsailfast

E35-3 Illinois
Thanks for the quick reply. We were leaning toward the 40ST in alloy grey.
The Admiral is still concerned the Harken locking winch handles, she loves, may not work properly with the Lewmar winches. Seems all manufacturers should work with each other but we’ve found that’s not always the case.

NickSal

Placed an order for 2x Evo 50 2 speed, to replace primaries Barient 32s on my 38-200 on the last day of the sale. Any personal experience with them?