• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Whats my E 35 1970 worth ?

capt.Kaos

Hello : I have a lovely mk II 1970
She's completely re built , New standing /running (dyneema ) rigging turn buckles in 2020
Awl grip mast & boom , new mast head box , new bottom paint , shaft , cutless bearing , stuffing box , 3 -2022
custom built longer rudder , recent insurance survey for 30 k
new B&G zeus 7 rader chartplotter , new triton sale package , new Pro mar 2000 watt inverter
rebuilt universal m25 & hurth transmission
Awl grip exterior & Interior
9 opening port lights
I work in the yachting industry , have my 100ton masters license & have custom rebuild my E35 stem to stern
I have her listed for 40 K on craigs list los angles
Am I dreaming ?
Am I stupid ?

Attachments

• IMG_4115.JPG
    IMG_4115.JPG
    157.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4117.JPG
    IMG_4117.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4123.JPG
    IMG_4123.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4138.JPG
    IMG_4138.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_4167.JPG
    IMG_4167.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4163.JPG
    IMG_4163.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4188.JPG
    IMG_4188.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4194.JPG
    IMG_4194.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4192.JPG
    IMG_4192.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_4189.JPG
    IMG_4189.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 68

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi,
I'll be interested in what others think, but I think you have done a really good job and she looks lovely. While $40K may be a bit high for your average 1970 35 foot boat, I think yours is way above average, based on your information and pics. If I were in the market, I would certainly be interested at your price. Some might even suggest that your price may be low.
I would also suggest that you advertise it on some other sites than just Craigslist, as many on that site are looking for lower priced special deals, whereas you might want a more sophisticated, knowledgeable buyer.
Just my initial thoughts... :)
Frank

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
What Frank Said.
Good bones and very significant upgrades. If in the market, I would pay that much.
That Rudder... Yum. :)

kapnkd

kapnkd
Having owned my E-32 for 49 years now, I’ve always gotten and appreciated compliments on my boat. Be it for her classic design looks or recognized as a quality brand vessel, she definitely turns heads (even yet today).

As you can see just from the EYO site, there’s a strong and proud following across the spectrum of various models and sizes of Ericson’s.

That being said…Your 35 looks to be in superb condition and undoubtedly would rate well by any marine surveyor against any new boats currently on the market. …

…Given the prices for new boats anymore, some lucky individual is in for a real treat/bargain. Your model 35 has an excellent and proven track record on the race course plus for comfortable cruising.

If you are not in a big hurry or need to part ways, that right person is defined out there!

(“Capt Q” should feature your boat!!)
…THUMBS UP!!!

Rhett_m

Member I
I think that’s a good price for your boat. I’d be firm on it. It’s pretty rare to find one that well appointed, maintained, and upgraded. I agree with the previous comment of posting it elsewhere. Like YachtWorld and boat trader. Good luck!

capt.Kaos

550 hrs on the M25 , It was installed in 2008, we had to cut out the old iron stringers & build & install oak stringers from the original Atomic 4 .new wire run , new fuel tank ; This was an absolutely nightmare installation.
1 hour on the rebuilt transmission & recent oil fuel , heat exchanger service, raw & fresh water pump service
Rebuilding the tranny was no fun , we had to remove the bell housing to access the tranny mounting bolts
I installed a "Catalina Direct " hi out put alternator bracket ,the oem bracket is the weak link on this engine
another no fun project , I had to remove the manifold to install longer bolts (4) , using rust buster on the old bolts for removal , I cleaned the manifold with 30 % vinegar for 2 days & installed with new gaskets
A new exhaust elbow was installed as well
She is good engine

Cheers Mate .
Capt.Kaos

Attachments

• IMG_3458.JPG
    IMG_3458.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3460.JPG
    IMG_3460.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3459.JPG
    IMG_3459.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4241.JPG
    IMG_4241.JPG
    317.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4242.JPG
    IMG_4242.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4243.JPG
    IMG_4243.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4245.JPG
    IMG_4245.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4238.JPG
    IMG_4238.JPG
    136 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4237.JPG
    IMG_4237.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4239.JPG
    IMG_4239.JPG
    170.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

gabriel

Live free or die hard
550 hrs on the M25 , It was installed in 2008, we had to cut out the old iron stringers & build & install oak stringers from the original Atomic 4 .new wire run , new fuel tank ; This was an absolutely nightmare installation.
1 hour on the rebuilt transmission & recent oil fuel , heat exchanger service, raw & fresh water pump service
Rebuilding the tranny was no fun , we had to remove the bell housing to access the tranny mounting bolts
I installed a "Catalina Direct " hi out put alternator bracket ,the oem bracket is the weak link on this engine
another no fun project , I had to remove the manifold to install longer bolts (4) , using rust buster on the old bolts for removal , I cleaned the manifold with 30 % vinegar for 2 days & installed with new gaskets
A new exhaust elbow was installed as well
She is good engine

Cheers Mate .
Capt.Kaos
40K seems fair. Good luck in selling her, someone is going to get a nice boat!

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I think you should list with a broker (add the 10 percent commission to the asking price).

Boats are in short supply (if we believe that) and brokers get the word out to informed buyers who might appreciate the upgrades.

MDR has nearly 6,000 slips and the sailing population has money. Craigslist is a different audience.

Since old boats can't usually be financed, consider taking back a loan.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
What Christian said. And, IMO brokers are always on the lookout for a really clean "turn key" boat. (Most boats are not.)
Even before potential buyers consider price, they should Want the boat. I have friends that have sold really clean boats quickly, and for the asking price.

capt.Kaos

Ya my thoughts as well , They all turned me down , Most of them are my friends in the yachting industry
"Your boats old & we don't list vintage " some only list boats over 55 K
The only interest was 'POP Yachts " they want me to show the boat & they get 10 %
Im trying to get a Mate to list her yacht world for me.
Welcome to Marina HELL Rey
One guy said I have to much green canvas , no teak floors , & no sheets leading in the dodger to raise the main
I told him to buy a Beneteau .

Capt . Kaos .

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
no teak floors
That guy did not know a "floor" in a boat from a "sole". (sigh)
There must be a broker somewhere around there that lists the best boats, of all vintages. Probably not the ones making their living selling "condominium boats" used for Gracious Dockside Living, like the Hunta-Cata-Benalina's though.

We have had a member of the club list with a Seattle area broker, with mostly an internet brokerage business. With some searching @ the corporate commission, we found that his brokerage was not licensed to do business in our state. We refused to approve him for a key to independently enter club property like the other local approved vendors who carry full liability insurance.
Apropos of whatever, Jim Morrison once said: "Weird scenes inside the gold mine", or something like that. :(

capt.Kaos

That guy did not know a "floor" in a boat from a "sole". (sigh)
There must be a broker somewhere around there that lists the best boats, of all vintages. Probably not the ones making their living selling "condominium boats" used for Gracious Dockside Living, like the Hunta-Cata-Benalina's though.

We have had a member of the club list with a Seattle area broker, with mostly an internet brokerage business. With some searching @ the corporate commission, we found that his brokerage was not licensed to do business in our state. We refused to approve him for a key to independently enter club property like the other local approved vendors who carry full liability insurance.
Apropos of whatever, Jim Morrison once said: "Weird scenes inside the gold mine", or something like that. :(
Cheers Luv .