• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

What's the most useful modification you've made....

fidji

Eric
Hi Frank that is the most useful modification I made. You will note that when the first step is folded down the spaces between each step are equals. The hinge fitting is like the ones we use on bimini tops and split open in two, but I changed the set locking screw by a mechanical screw with the same thread but passing through the wall of the inside tube.
Eric Meunier
Decision
E 35 mkIII

Attachments

• ladder 001.jpg
    ladder 001.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 117
  • ladder 002.jpg
    ladder 002.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 110
  • ladder 003.jpg
    ladder 003.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 112

fidji

Eric
I took a look at one of the colored brochure of a E30+ and I'm sure Frank you can build the same folding step ladder as mine and that way saving your marriage :egrin:
Good luck!
Eric

Last edited:

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Looking through this thread I realised I never updated it with modifications I made to our Eriecon 35-3. Here are my favorites:

- Bigger sink with pullout sprayer faucet and slider trash bin door.
dsc_0083.jpg

- Rebuilt Meriman pedistal with custom made top plate, drink holder and chartplotter mount.
dsc_0064.jpg

Last edited:

fidji

Eric
Mr. Treilley, can you tell me what model or any other information that I need to be able to buy the same sink as you put in your Ericson 35, How deep is that sink?
Thank's
Eric

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Both foot pumps remain along with the 2 spigots. One is for icebox pump out and the other is for fresh water pumping. I removed the connection to the saltwater as we never used it and feel it was not well suited for a coastal cruiser with 100 gallon water capacity.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
Key holder and other stuff

Some of the mods I have found useful are An auxiliary engine panel with an ignition and start switch that are only active when the blower is on, The engine cover front panel came loose from the top and I have found leaving it that way makes accessing the engine more simple as it is now two flat panels instead of the L shaped cover to handle and place while servicing the engine, I installed a DVD and flat screen TV for evenings at the dock, Note that I am watching a sailing "instructional video" and the ignition key holder shown in one of the pictures has multiple uses.

Attachments

• P2250526.jpg
    P2250526.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 85
  • P2250527.jpg
    P2250527.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 86
  • P2250531.jpg
    P2250531.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 92
  • P2250534 Text.jpg
    P2250534 Text.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

lbertran

Member III
Sink Project

Hi, Tim-
I'm thinking about switching out my sink for the larger one from Elkay. How did you remove the spot welded mounting tracks? I was looking at one at Home Depot yesterday and a method for non-destructive removal was not immediately obvious to me. I also wondered if the Scandvik sinks come without those tracks.
Any info on your methodology would be appreciated!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi, Tim-
I'm thinking about switching out my sink for the larger one from Elkay. How did you remove the spot welded mounting tracks? I was looking at one at Home Depot yesterday and a method for non-destructive removal was not immediately obvious to me. I also wondered if the Scandvik sinks come without those tracks.

Until Tim checks in....
I removed 4 of the six original studs on our galley sink with a cutting wheel on a Dremel tool. I found that the sealant held the sink tenaciously and only used a couple of studs as locators when it was rebedded in new sealant.
Loren

treilley

Sustaining Partner
Hi, Tim-

Laura, the Elkay was a fairly cheaply made sink so I was able to use a very sharp chisel and cut through the spot welds to get the tracks off. Then I had SS bolts welded on the four corners and used fender washers to hold it down with some closed cell insulating foam tape under the edges. I also slightly bent the sink so the edge was bowed down slightly along the length of each edge. This insured that the edges would sit snug againet the coutertop when I tightened the corner bolts.

I just did this same upgrade on my present boat and used a Kohler sink that is much better quality. On that one I had to fold the track down to where it would not interfere with the mounting on one edge. The other edges I secured with the stock mounting tabs. I also used the closed cell foam tape on this one.

Akavishon

Member III
Here's a very simple but VERY useful project :)

Zoran

Attachments

• DSC00096.jpg
    DSC00096.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC00097.jpg
    DSC00097.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 156

mann

Inactive Member
adding a fridge to my e29

I had an idea that I could get a dorm fridge and install it in the ice box. I was surprised that it really didn't have a compressor. It only had a small cold plate hooked to a larger heat dissipator. I was able to mount the thermostat inside the box and a door switch to turn on a light. I haven't worked out the bugs yet but I believe it will work. The cold side is working but I don't think I am moving enough air across it. Lots of condensation. All for less than 50 dollars.

Steve A

Member II
chart table

I took out the quarter berth and built in a chart table with shelves for nav books and computer/printer. also has a foul weather gear locker under it. Seat is raised so I can see out the windows.nav.jpg

Steve A

Member II
aft deck

I decked over the aft cockpit, as I prefer a tiller( my boat's only 24'LWL, so she sails like small boat) and built in deck gear and propane lockers.aftdeck2.jpg