• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

When are you putting your boat up for the winter?

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Not gonna do that! I live on Vancouver Island and sail year round. :)
Some of the best sailing is during fall, winter and spring as the crowds
and tourists are gone, anchorages are generally empty, winds are good
and we have some lovely weather, though not every day. :confused:

Frank

Chris Knudsen

Member II
Not gonna do that! I live on Vancouver Island and sail year round. :)
Some of the best sailing is during fall, winter and spring as the crowds
and tourists are gone, anchorages are generally empty, winds are good
and we have some lovely weather, though not every day. :confused:

Frank

Well us freshwater folks have a little problem we call ice. The ice in the harbor where I am freezes solid up to a couple feet thick.

Chris Knudsen

Member II
How do you cover up your boats for the winter?

I don't cover mine. It is a boat after all and is designed to be out in the elements. I do go out in the spring and try to knock as much of the snow and ice off as I can when it starts to melt. I thought about a custom cover but they are about $2,500.

Dave N

Member III
Oct 5, summer is so short. Mast comes out Saturday . How do you cover up your boats for the winter?
Inside heated. With the short season it is nice to be able to work on stuff over the long winter. Yard is great, permitting access any time.

Attachments

• 024b.jpg
    024b.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0203-2b (1280x960).jpg
    IMG_0203-2b (1280x960).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Chris Knudsen

Member II
Well it looks like today is the day. I will make the 4 hour trip to where I store it. I will winterize it this weekend and it will be hauled out on Monday.

Pat O'Connell

Member III
Haul

Hauled middle of September and I think we only missed two nice days on NH coast. More wind than we want and more rain than we want. Boat sits on stands in back yard. Covered last weekend. Now we can concentrate on football and yard clean up. NH Mountains are testing their snow making!
Best Regards
Pat
1981 E28+

Fparry

Member II
Pulled my boat about two weeks ago. It is currently on the hard at Fair Point Marina near Fair Haven, NY on Lake Ontario. Last week I assisted a friend bringing his Huges 40 down the Hudson through NY Harbor and on to Atlantic City. This week I am installing the Fairclaugh cover. Taking the boat south for the winter continues to sound like a very good idea.