• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Winter Gloves

Emerald

Anyone have a favorite winter sailing glove they would recommend? Something water proof as well as warm?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
http://atlasgloveconsumerproducts.com/wordpress/?page_id=6

I have several sets of Atlas brand winter gloves that I use for operating the club dredge (especially for pipe connection work in/around the cold water) in the winter months -- starting next week, actually.
I also wear them for delivery trips and for occasional cold weather sailing. They are not really great for line handling, but warm hands are worth a lot. Not expensive and can be found at any chandlers that cater to commercial fishermen.

I also have some spendy REI hi-tech gloves for sailing that are sold for cold weather rock climbing...

Loren

HughHarv

Hugh
First Place Glove

This one might be useful for protecting one digit in particular from frost bite!

:egrin:

images

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I have two pairs of Stearns neoprene sailing gloves. Waterproof and warm, love them. Also if you are looking for a good pair of non-waterproof but warm with excellent grip/feel follow the link Loren provided and look at Atlas Thermafit's in the dipped palm section. They work very very well and I use them exclusively as work carpentry gloves all winter. RT