• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Yanmar 2GM15 on craigslist ny $1200

wynkoop

Member III

I suppose if I was flush with $$ I might go for it and get the extra HP. The guy is looking for $1200 which is about what my 1GM10 cost me. Of course the 1GM10 was a never installed engine until I dropped it into my boat.

If you have an E-27 to maybe 35 and need an engine this might be worth a look.

racushman

O34 - Los Angeles
I have this engine in an old Catalina 30. I'm pretty sure this is actually a 2QM15... which is a raw water cooled engine, and this one appears to have the Sen Dure fresh water cooling conversion kit (as evidenced by the heat exchanger off to the side in the picture).

I agree with Brett that this is probably a reasonable deal at $1200. One wild card is how many years this engine was operated with raw water cooling in salt water before being converted.

I have found this engine to be very solidly built. It has no glow plugs, and is very sensitive to injection timing... if it's off at all the engine is very painful to start. Frankly I have not loved this engine... it's loud and not particularly smooth... but it's served me well.