• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Yanmar YSM8 buzzer failure

csoule13

Member III
Over the summer, the warning buzzer on my old toaster oven of an engine got weaker and weaker and finally quit. The warning lights still work, so this isn't a top priority at the moment. On the other hand, it would be nice to get patched up. I just can't for the life of me even begin to know where to start with this. The Yanmar documentation isn't very helpful, and given the 40+ yrs of use, trying to trace wires is....let's say a challenge.

In an ideal world, I'd replace the entire panel and maybe the harness, but trying to even figure out the parts number for those is an internet black hole.

Thoughts/suggestions welcome.
Chris

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I know the Yanmar panels are different, but on the Universals the buzzer is a stock item and it's just a matter of finding one that fits the lamp hole

When I did this recently I Googled "marine panel buzzers images" to find my replacement.

p.gazibara

Member III
It’s probable behind the engine control panel and the wires are probably corroded. The buzzers themselves are pretty inexpensive, but it’s worth looking at all the connections and making sure none are visible green.