• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

zodiac slime

Akavishon

Member III
Keeping with the old saying that "there are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions" :nerd:

Like most people on moorings, I'll most likely use my zodiac all nest season to shuttle to/from my boat. I expect the inflatable will be full time in the water, which - in Boston Harbor - means lots of slime and marine growth. Is there such a thing as bottom protection for inflatables? I don't want to imagine painting the blue ablative on my zodiac, but maybe there's some stuff I have not heard of yet?

thanks, Zoran

Shadowfax

Member III
Yes there is a anti fouling paint for inflatables. If you have a hard bottom dink the stuff the power boaters use will work. If soft bottom there is special paint for this that is softer, i.e. more flexable

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
I spent one season pulling the dink, flipping it over and cleaning the bottom once a week. Then last season I tried MDR brand bottom paint for inflatables. Worked pretty well but peeled in maybe 5% of the surface. I tried to get the bottom of my 20+ year old Achilles clean but its pretty stained after all these years. I am thinking the prep was the problem not the paint. It worked very well, no growth but the slime, harbor muck, etc. was still there. I plan on re-applying this season. The good thing is if the dink is used there is already a "waterline" slime stain to follow.... RT

Last edited:

Mindscape

Member III
Mdr

I just bought an Avon inflatable and spoke with some of the guys at our harbour and they suggested MDR as well. Said it worked well. We're on Lake Michagan and may not have the same slime factor you guys do.