• Untitled Document

Join us on September 27th, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the people you've met online!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

September Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

32-3 diameter & thread type of deck fills

nquigley

Sustaining Member
I used the pump-out at our club today for the first time (only previously did pump-outs at a nearby commercial marina). My deck-fill was too small for the available plastic 1 1/2" fitting on the suction pump head, and the 1 1/4" fitting was too small to thread in properly - it did barely fit into the deck-fill and allowed enough suction for the pump to do it's job (albeit slowly because of the imperfect fit).
Does anyone know the actual specs of our deck-fills? ... internal diameter and thread size?

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
My marina’s pump-out station has smooth tapered hose fittings that jam into the deck fitting and, as you say, provide enough suction to work. None of the pump-out hoses have threaded fittings.

B

jtsai

Member III
Same here, no threaded fitting on pump out deck fills. The tapered fitting is often attached to the pump out hose with a cam lock coupler look like this.

1724764378259.png

nquigley

Sustaining Member
My marina’s pump-out station has smooth tapered hose fittings that jam into the deck fitting and, as you say, provide enough suction to work. None of the pump-out hoses have threaded fittings.

B
Our club's one-size-fits-all fitting, with a rubber skirt, didn't provide enough seal. Hopefully I'll have better luck at marinas along the way.

Rivergirl7

1986 E32-3
Ok, I found ours. We’ve only had to use it once, in the past two years, maybe at Vero Beach City Marina….
Anyway, we have a 1986 32-3, and this fits well, and depending where you get it, only a couple $. I saw Walmart even advertised them when I was researching the PN on Google shopping. Hope this helps IMG_4818.jpegIMG_4819.png