"79 E-25+ For Sale in Portland, Maine $1500

mainesailor

I'm selling my 1979 Ericson 25+ sloop.
"Snapdragon" has been plying the waters of Casco Bay and coastal Maine for many years.
She's a classic Bruce King design with full fin keel, wheel helm, and roomy galley. She's been great for day sailing and cruising. 15hp Honda saildrive engine, galley with sink, ice box, 2 burner alcohol stove. Sleeps 5, head, and plenty of storage. Main and roller furling jib with new 120 genoa. Deck and hull are sound, some interior areas could use some cosmetic attention, but she's ready to sail now. I've enjoyed her for 4 seasons, but my new grandkids are going to keep me off the water this season and I'll need a bigger boat in the future.
She's currently still on the hard in Portland.IMG_2724.JPGIMG_2722.JPGIMG_2710.JPG

peaman

Sustaining Member
What's the availability and cost of a mooring and winter on-the-hard storage in that area for a boat like this?

mainesailor

What's the availability and cost of a mooring and winter on-the-hard storage in that area for a boat like this?
I currently have a mooring, but I acquired it at the time I bought the boat in 2019. I think there's currently a waiting list for moorings in Portland Harbor. Cost per season for a mooring is $100 for residents and $200 for non-residents. My annual costs for haul out and in, winter storage, mast step and storage, and shrink wrap totals about $3.5K. It's a lot for only about 5 months of good sailing weather. I think there are less expensive options in the area, but this has been convenient for me.

AK67

Looks like a nice boat. Have you listed on FB Marketplace? Seems pretty active there. Might help if you posted pics of the interior so prpsoects have an idea - I bet it's not as bad as people may think!