Anyone have a Kubota part number for the Kubota OEM water pump for the M25 engine?

1911tex

Sustaining Member
I think it may be the same as the Kubota D850 engine, not sure? My understanding is that there are 2 manufacturers. One is a 6 bolt and a 4 bolt. I have searched and there are many cheap aftermarket pumps, but I want to buy an OEM. It is for an '85 E35-III. Thanks!

JSM

Member III
Raw water pump or coolant pump ? Raw water pumps are non OEM and are usually either Sherwood or Oberdorfer. Oberdorfer is the better of the two and is easily rebuilt.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
JSM: Thanks! Raw water pump...I went to our local Kubota tractor dealer...This is the Kubota brand and stamped part number:
"D750,D850,D950,V1100,V1200 Water pump Industrial Engines - KUBOTA BRAND PART #15534-73030".
If you google this part number you will get dozens of "who knows where made or quality" cheaper parts all over the internet.
I went to our local Kubota dealer parts department, the Kubota pump is stamped Kubota and the part number is part of the casting. I don't know if it is a Sherwood or Oberdorfer...will advise as the pump was ordered from the Kubota distribution warehouse. The cost is just over $200 plus change.

debonAir

Member III
That part looks like the coolant (fresh-water) pump to me. I don't think Kubota would stock a marine raw water pump. That is one of the things that Universal adds to the engine to make it work in a boat, along with the heat exchanger and cooled exhaust manifold.

For Kubota parts I have had good luck ordering from Messicks https://www.messicks.com/ and Kubota Parts Depot https://parts.mbtractor.com/
Their web sites have parts diagrams which help a lot seeing how things fit together.

1911tex

Sustaining Member
debonAir: You may be correct...our Kubota dealer had to order it and I am to pick it up mid week. All I saw was a photo at the service department.....looked like a raw water pump; however they may have given me and ordered a coolant pump? I will report back. and thank you!

1911tex

Sustaining Member
DebonAir: You are absolutely correct.......it IS the coolant (fresh-water) pump...! I am always learning from the pros here!

Godzilla

Just installed a new Kubota pump on my M-25.
Part # 155534-73033 $217.89 at the Kubota Tractor dealer.
Came in a sealed plastic Kubota parts bag from Japan.

Could have a copy off e bay much cheaper or could have paid $436.00 at my local diesel repair shop for a Universal unit.