• Untitled Document

Join us on September 27th, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the people you've met online!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

September Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Appeal to e27 owners with hull numbers near 290

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
On my title the hull identification number simply reads 290, and the state needs more information, unfortunately I cannot locate the h.i.n. on Roxanne and fear that it is buried beneath my motor mount bracket or has been completely erased in one of Roxanne's multiple refurbishments. I have most of the data to complete a whole ID but do not have the month of production. I am hoping to find 27 owners who have numbers near mine so perhaps I can reconstruct my month of production and and meet the state's generous 30-day deadline. Very grateful for any assistance.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Imagine I am whispering, but, uh, if you can't prove the correct month of production, what authority could contest your guess?

Or maybe they require a photo, in which case, and I am now whispering even quieter, Photoshop.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
On my title the hull identification number simply reads 290, and the state needs more information, unfortunately I cannot locate the h.i.n. on Roxanne and fear that it is buried beneath my motor mount bracket or has been completely erased in one of Roxanne's multiple refurbishments. I have most of the data to complete a whole ID but do not have the month of production. I am hoping to find 27 owners who have numbers near mine so perhaps I can reconstruct my month of production and and meet the state's generous 30-day deadline. Very grateful for any assistance.
I could not find my serial number for years. My boat had the outboard motor cutout in the transom with a nice rubber mat that isolated the motor mount clamps from vibration. The mat just manage to cover the serial numbers in the transom. My number was 406, so this may not be of any help.

Eric Gordon

E27 - Sea Star
You might try checking the stern. That’s where mine is embedded. I took a piece of paper and pencil and etched a copy for my states requirement to update the hull number. Good luck.

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
You might try checking the stern. That’s where mine is embedded. I took a piece of paper and pencil and etched a copy for my states requirement to update the hull number. Good luck.
Checked, rechecked, and double rechecked, even sought the myhical stamp on the engine mount. Roxanne has the transom cut out with a very heavy door that can be removed, The out board support bracket is attached to the lower tanson with an external backing plate which covers the last place the HIN might be. I think I have enough information to create the proper number and I also have a Dremel.

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
I could not find my serial number for years. My boat had the outboard motor cutout in the transom with a nice rubber mat that isolated the motor mount clamps from vibration. The mat just manage to cover the serial numbers in the transom. My number was 406, so this may not be of any help.
I have the same cut out, was the number located just below the cutout or more towards the waterline?

Last edited:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Imagine I am whispering, but, uh, if you can't prove the correct month of production, what authority could contest your guess?

heh. when I renewed my registration tabs a few years back, the state of Washington (in its infinite wisdom) decided the HIN molded into the back of my boat was invalid.

In decoded into "built in August 1984", but model year showing as 1985. Even though the HIN was *perfectly* valid.... they decided it is not.

So - despite my ability to prove the correct month of production (by way of the HIN format used in1984, past paperwork, etc) they issued me new registration docs that indicate my lovely Ericson is a home-made boat built in 2016 somewhere in Washington.

Because that's clearly a far more accurate bit of info.

Feh

Gaviate

Member III
My HIN on my title reads WSZ213771717. I've never found this stamped into the hull or engraved anywhere onboard and I've never tried to decode the particulars of that number. Title just says model year 1972 with no month noted.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
WSZ is a state-issued manufacturer code, decodes to “home built in Wisconsin”…