• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Changes in boat documentation coming.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Change from a yearly renewal to a five year renewal coming from the US Coat Guard for documented vessels. Price goes up from a yearly $26 to the five year $130 fee. No refunds for boaters choosing to cancel documentation or those who sell their boats before a five year interval is up. Good for most but not all of us.

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Thanks for posting this. This will be particularly handy for any boats that are getting ready for extended distant, partly off-grid, cruising.
I've been planning to officially update the name of my boat in their records - I'll be sure to do this before, or as part of, paying for the 5-year plan.

G Kiba

Sustaining Member
California state boat registration I have heard is heading for a huge increase. However they have not changed in a while and for those in rivers and lakes the Department of Boats and Waterways do a huge amout of good things for the size of the area they have to cover. I am sure there will be complaints none the less.