Chesapeake to Maine

Navman

Member III
The Optimist II has left Worton Creek Md. For Maine. We left on the 10th and are now staged to go through the Cape Cod Canal at noon today. We have had a great time and will be in Provincetown this afternoon. We have seen several whales, some within 20 yards of our boat. We were stationary and the whales moved toward us, that is why we were close. We also saw two types of dolphins, Sea Turtles, Ocean Sunfish and many more varieties of wildlife.From there we are to work our way up to Portland If time allows. I will be returning solo and intend to be back the 1st week of July.

bsangs

E35-3 - New Jersey
The Optimist II has left Worton Creek Md. For Maine. We left on the 10th and are now staged to go through the Cape Cod Canal at noon today. We have had a great time and will be in Provincetown this afternoon. We have seen several whales, some within 20 yards of our boat. We were stationary and the whales moved toward us, that is why we were close. We also saw two types of dolphins, Sea Turtles, Ocean Sunfish and many more varieties of wildlife.From there we are to work our way up to Portland If time allows. I will be returning solo and intend to be back the 1st week of July.
Sounds like a fun start. Have a great trip. (Posts like yours are responsible for my wife thinking we’ll always see marine life when sailing, and when we don’t, she gets pouty. :egrin: )

Pete the Cat

Sustaining Member
Way too short a visit. Maine does not actually start until you get to Penobscot Bay. Its just an overnight from Provinctown to Tenants Harbor.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
sorry I missed you. Maybe on the way back.