E25 Boom Needed

Steve Swann

Member III
I have a broken boom and it ain't fixable. Sooooo, I need to replace it. Don't ask, I did something really stupid.

The extrusion cross-section doesn't appear to be manufactured anymore. I have a new loose-footed main. What are my options? Is there something out there now that I should consider that is really trick or should I try to replace it with basically what I had? I don't want to replace my mainsail as it is brand spanking new. Remember, I either need to use this new boom (or a gin pole just for this purpose) for raising and lowering my mast.

Suggestions welcome!

Steve,
Really cheap E25's come up on the boat lists. I looked around for you but none seem to be available now. The last one I was aware of was a donated boat for I believe less than 2000.00. I was considering one of these before I came across the needed rudder, etc. I'll keep a watch out. It may be worth the E25 owners stashing booms, masts and other original parts. - Chris

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
You might find a replacement at most any well-attended marine swap meet. 'Most any boom off a similar sized boat should do fine, altho you might have to do re-engineering on the gooseneck...

Loren

ps: could you sleeve the old boom?