• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 30 Plus

dc78212

Hello. New to the forum and looking for a boat.
I am looking for a new boat. I had bought a Precision 18. Bought it local and cheap enough. Then it happened... caught the sailing bug. Nasty disease - only one cure... a bigger boat. So I put the P18 up for sale thinking "Hey, I got some time." Figured I would sail it while selling and looking. Well that didn't work. Sold it in 6 days. Guy drove from Colorado after a 10 minute phone call. Priced too cheap? Nah, it was a good price for the boat. I had done some work to it and the trailer, and it was priced accordingly for it's condition. It had spent all it's like under cover, so it was in pretty good shape.
Enough about that. I found another boat I liked. Sailed it a couple of times, it just had too many issues to overcome for the price... $11,000 and every time we went out the engine died...hmmm.
Found another... Ericson 27... guy was moving, price was right for general condition, made the deal. I was pulling money out of 401k, we had an agreement. Knowing he was moving and it was going to take a couple weeks to get the money, if someone came with cash, he would let me know to see if/how I could react...Someone came with cash... the next day.
Looking at boats for sale, I've grown to like the Ericson, but have decided a "slightly" larger boat would better fit my needs.
I would like someone close to me... Texas... that has either an Ericson 29 or 30 plus. Yes I know they are different boats, but in the size range I am looking for. Mostly single handing, but friends sometimes and for other reasons I want a slightly larger boat but not so big single handling is a total nightmare.
So anyone in the Texas area I can come check out one or both of these boats before I go to Cali or Florida to look at one?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I am quite a ways from you, E29 T in NE AL and another E29T that I am getting ready for the Gulf, probably Mobile Bay or Pensacola. I obviously like the E29 or I wouldn't have two of them, (seems I own boats in pairs, E29s, Mirage 236s and Hobe Cats. I do have a Siren 17 that is sitting at the dock with no mate.

All that said, find a solid Ericson and you will be happy, Rumkin my 29 wheel boat is the easiest singlehander I have, even easier that the Hobe or Siren.

Good luck with the hunt and may the boat you buy be better than expected.