• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson 41 Florida - Norway

andrest964

this hull 26 in the early nineties -- in her history she has done extensive short handed cruising and won a lot of races (including 4 boat of the year championships that I know of). One of her previous custodians to me sailed her across the Atlantic (twice there and back)

andrest964

No while I miss her a lot I do not own her anymore -- Some more history from before I owned her -- she caught fire and sank in the slip, I bought her right after this event and restored her and lived on her for 7 years. (all in Florida). I sailed her singled handed by balancing the sails and locking down the rudder - I built her current rudder. which is built to break off progressively if grounded - rudder was designed by OH Rodgers.
"The oil and water leak" .... it has a hollow section in the keel which leaked sea water and had been (previous to me) glassed over -- it started leaking again during my ownership and I glassed over it again .... this might have some residual oil in it and be leaking again - hope this helps

andrest964

I have a lot more pictures if folks are interested -- I sailed her through a tropical depression with winds gusting to 60 kts, she handed like a dream

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I am a bit confused. Is this the same hull that started this thread?
Your pictures show a lovely boat under sail, I should add. :)