Ericson Rendezvous 2005

Stuart

Member II
Rendezvous update

Hi All

Ericson Rendezvous, just a quick update:

28 slips booked to date! :egrin:

I just spoke to Ronda at Port Hudson, she has opened up eight more slips for the Ericson Rendezvous, and after they are full and it will be space on the linier transient dock on a first come first serve basis as well as some space in the commercial area. She feels we should be able to accommodate late arrivals but if you can reserve, way better!

Cheers and Happy Sailing
Stuart MacKenzie

wurzner

Member III
Pt Townsend R.V. ~ Brian Toss is in for Keynote Speach

Brian Toss confirmed that he is available Saturday Afternoon or early evening. I mentioned that we would likely have a race in the day (potentially) and that folks may be taking off fairly early Sunday so that seemed like the best time. Details are to follow, but I deferred the subject matter to them. I did say that the boats attending could very from fairly new to very old, so it would be nice to address something that applies to all. That being said, I am looking forward to his presentation and would suggest you bring book money if you are interested in purchasing a book as a sign of appreciation.

Thanks once again.

:) shaun :)

Nigel Barron

Notorious Iconoclast
I stopped in at Point Hudson on a delivery up to Vancouver for Southern Straits, and was reminded how much I like PT. I can't wait!

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Toss

Good job, Shaun - that's excellent! Having someone like Toss address the group should be really interesting... I'm sure everyone will be happy to toss in a few bucks (book money) to make it worth his time...

Let me know if you want the announcement page on this forum changed to reflect his appearance!

//sse

mark reed

Member III
Brion Toss & crew

Good work, Shaun! I've attended one of Brion's weekend rigging workshops, and have been learning to splice double braid using his book and wand. He is a very knowledgeable and entertaining guy. He is a great addition to our rendezvous!

On an unrelated note, I may be looking for one or two crew from Astoria to the San Juans. Current plan, weather permitting, departs Astoria 4am Friday, May 27, arrives Canoe Island (near Shaw) late on Saturday or early on Sunday, May 29. Contact me if interested.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Update, please....

Hey everyone -

I would like to update the 'announcement' at the top of the NW Ericsons forum, and perhaps put it in a second place as well. Can someone out there give me some updated text with events, etc? Is Brion Toss confirmed, etc? What are the latest stats?

Thanks,
//sse

hodo

Member III
rendezvous

It would be intresting to know how many boats will be attending. Mischief Maker will be there. :cheers: Hodo

Stuart

Member II
Rendezvous update May 16/05

Hi All

Just phoned Rhonda at Port Hudson, we have 33 vessels with confirmed slips, four on a waiting list and more arriving on a first come first serve on the linear dock, she is confident that all arriving can be accommodated, from discussions I would expect about forty Ericson’s bringing their respected crew: egrin:
We still have the room booked for Saturday night, POT LUCK DINNER and Sunday am, if Brian can be persuaded to talk Sunday Morning during coffee, this timing has worked well in the past. I leave that in your hands Shaun.
I am going to T shirt place today and should have details worked out by mid week.
Has anyone acquired gift certificates or donated product for prizes etc. yet?
I have some from Pacific Yachting, Good Old Boat and Martin Marine but a few more wouldn't hurt.
We should have a good one for best name tag and umbrella cocktail at least!
Cheers
Stuart MacKenzie

hodo

Member III
rendevouz

Is there a central point of contact for the goody list, so we don't hit up the same supplier more than once? :confused:

Stuart

Member II
Rendezvous awards & T Shirts

Why don't we just post them here.
I have prizes from Pacific Yachting, Good Old Boat MAgazine and Martin Marine in North Vancouver. Just In Stitches in Granville Island who are doing our T shirts will also donate something.
The T shirts will be about 20 -22.00 CDN each, they are doing a mock up of the art work and I should have this by Thursday to post. Cut off date to order will be June 3rd at noon. Email me directly (stuartm@pureresults.com)with size, sex, color is light grey or light grey, your choice. As with last year I will pay for them and bring them to the Rendezvous on the honor system, cash only will be accepted as payment. They are a good quality shirt as anyone who purchased one last year will confirm.

Cheers
Stuart MacKenzie

e38sailorman

Member II
Is there an agenda for the rendezvous? Are we going to have a race, if so I have a friend who wants to come up for the race but most likely wouldn't come otherwise........can anyone in charge advise??

Stuart

Member II
Races

There ia a loose agenda I can email you directly if you email me, stuartm@pureresults.com. I belive Shaun Wurzner had mentioned earlier about wanting to race on Saturday, we have done a blind dingy race for several years, thats about it. If anyone wants to race Ericsons, maybe we need someone to organize it.
Cheers

Stuart

Member II
T shirt order time is now

As mentioned earlier I must order the Rendezvous T shirts tomorrow afternoon, please send me by email what you would like in male or female sizes. I will bring them to the Rendezvous as I did last year. Sean put up photos at the www.ericsonyachts web site under for sale and wanted of the shirts.
Cheers to all,

Stuart MacKenzie
Happy Sailing

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Departing Elloitt Bay

Having consulted with the tide tables it looks like I'll be leaving Harbor Island Marina around 7 or 8 am. on Friday. No way to avoid some flood current unless we leave real early. Return Sunday on the flood looks like it's going to be OK.

On the way up we'll tend to go to the east side to avoid the flood current on the east side of Marrowstone.

If you're coming from further south I doubt we'll see each other...unless you're morning people.