• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Vendors, General Fisheries Supply (Seattle, WA)

All general vendors of boating equipment.

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
I do not do a lot of online shopping from back east due to West Coast shipping costs, package theft and potential return hassles. Although, I can't report any nightmare situations, either.

Seattle and Tacoma area:

Fisheries - competitive pricing and usually knowledgeable sales people. Usually lots of stuff on hand. Big catalog, but they hit you for shipping if you can't wait until their next regular order from that supplier.

I rarely go to West Marine because they're not close to home or the marina, but they have a big store near the Magnolia Bridge that is pretty well stocked. I've stopped in there and had good luck for various items.

Stoneway Hardware (Ballard or Wallingford) for any kind of fasteners, SS, silicon bronze, etc.

J & G Marine, Tacoma tide flats. I started using this shop a couple years ago because they are an easy drive from the house and a shorter drive from the store to the local tap room. Less on hand, but most stuff they can get overnight (from Fisheries) at slightly better prices (than Fisheries) if you pick it up.

We are moving the boat to Gig Harbor soon. Ship-to-Shore has a nice store on the waterfront and I'll soon see what their prices are really like. I've shopped some there in the past (kayak) and they are very helpful. This spring they will be able to get overnight orders (from Fisheries!) five days a week. There's also a West Marine Express in town where I bought a pair of binoculars on sale a couple years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Fisheries

Fisheries' prices get a lot better if you have an "account". I don't know what the process is for creating a new account, but what I found when I looked into it was that I already belonged to a variety of orgs that have an account.

In my case, adding my name to the "Microsoft Sailing Club" account took a phone call, and significantly improved the discounts. I suspect many other sailing clubs have accounts as well.

The nice thing (or, perhaps the dangerous thing) for me is that Fisheries is close, and their default shipping is Priority Mail, so... if I order something today, it'll be in my mailbox when I get home tomorrow.

For line and rigging stuff, I typically wait for the 20% off sale at APS (www.apsltd.com); they have a good selection and the 20% makes their prices pretty attractive (moderator note: APS is out of business as of 04/2021).

$.02
Bruce

Marlin Prowell

E34 - Bellingham, WA
As a Washington State resident, I find Fisheries Suppy to be a bargain. If you have an account with them, you get a discount off their advertised price. Plus, above a certain total, shipping is free. (I hate to broadcast this last part, but...) If you order online, even if you are a Washington resident, they do not charge sales tax! This is a 8%+ savings.

Defender charges me WA sales tax these days. That, plus shipping, often makes them not competitive.

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Fisheries is way better than West Marine in Seattle. Agreed with Bruce about getting your name on an account of some sort, or finding a friend with an account who can help you out.