Hello

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Hi, I am a new member as my wife and I were lucky to purchase our first Ericson, 1984 35 Mark III. Better yet it is already at our favorite marina on Lake Pend O'reille in North Idaho. We have our 1981 30 Catalina for sale and a few years back a nice fellow from the Great Lakes area was visiting our marina and told me that 30 Catalina's are in much demand in his neck of the woods. Now, I didn't have the smarts to ask him where his neck of the woods is. Any idea's, maybe a monthly sailing mag or something like that?

Look forward to hearing from someone that might have a thought on this, or just to say Hi.

Kim, aka 2 boats

escapade

Inactive Member
Great Lakes

Kim
Congrats on your new boat & welcome to our little "family". As far as advertising/selling your Cat. 30 in the Lakes area your best bet would be to list it at one of the online brokerages. We did that with our old E30+ and sold it in about 3 weeks. Bought our E34 from an online add in Atlanta, Ga. This was 4 years ago but I would imagine that it still holds true. Be aware though that Cat.30's are a very popular & common boat on the lakes. Prices range from $18,000.00 up depending on condition and age. Add shipping costs cross country to that. Hope this gives you some idea's. Enjoy your new Ericson!
Have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade":cheers:

Kim Schoedel

Member III
Hi Bud,

Thank you for your reply. I wondered if the 30 Catalina was popular in your area. The 8 years of owning ours I have kept informed of the value pertainant to the northwest area and the value's do range a bunch from 18K on up to 32K for the 1981 vintage. Anyone can see it at LPOYC.ORG under boats for sail. Ours has a lot of extra's and is in very fine shape with new sails and other stuff. It is my hopes that someone will purchase it that wants this boat on our lake. I appreciate your suggestion and will look into it. We were not really ready to buy another boat but Windfall came available and I have known the boat and the owner for many years. Looking forward to the E 35 3 racing abilities for the Frostbite race on Jan 1. Good thing we have Central Heat. Happy New Year and Happy Sailing!

Kim