Here we go again

hodo

Member III
After spending last night on Mischief :devil: Maker after work, I can say I was glad I took the time to add 3 more lines to the dock. the winds were mostly 30 to 45 knts, with gusts up to 70 recorded at the Shadowfax weather station.( I knew that 100+ ft power boat would come in handy).I secured a neighbor's boat during a lull in the rainsheet, and apparently earned a dinner out for it. Yes it will include libations, according to his wife. Man, what a ride! The lightning started at about 3 am and stopped about 7 am. I was thinking about my judgement to stay on the boat during that period. Weather reports say we are to have more of the same or worse on thursday, so add your lines and fenders soon! Good Luck, hope everyone fares well, Harold of Harold@ Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Yeah, I was just wondering how you were getting along.... How was Victoria?

//sse

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Hi Harold,

Sounds like a sleepless night, besides. Nice going.

Did you get a lot of junk in the marina down there last month? I saw pictures of Commencement Bay that looked like hurricane aftermath with all the vegetation in the water.

In the mouth of the Duwamish we had lovely latte colored water for a couple weeks last month. I thought the blue heron would either starve due to the bad visibility or move away and never come back.

Glad everything came out OK.

hodo

Member III
Hi guys. Victoria was great! the Admiral was pretty suprised that I would be able to think up this by myself. I would reccomend remembering the birthday in the first place. HMMMM... wonder if that had anything to do with her suprise. It is beter to visit there in the off-season. I think I got a reprieve.
As for Commencement Bay, you are correct, it did resemble a scene out of a disaster film. biggest log jamb I ever saw. The waterway
was plugged solid with debris. The staff at Chinook worked tirelessly to keep the logs and stumps away from the boats in the marina. They spent many hours in their aluminum skiff herding lumber. I take my foulies off to those guys. I heard some of the marinas on th North Side were impassible, with the boats all jammed up with logs and debris! What a mess. The office has a couple of photos of the log jam.
Oh, Sean, I found the pie, its still gooood. (You understand I had to test it ).
Hang on, its starting to blow out there now. Good Luck guys.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Harold and Jessie, S/V Mischief :devil: Maker