• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Hmm....trying to get all posts in the last week

Mindscape

Member III
I''m embarrassed to say I can't figure out how to see all the posts from the last week, or some date. I see options on the search page, but I can't figure out how to get all the posts to show up. I don't always use the same computer and the new posts option does not always work for me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Logged In?

If you're logged in, the Info Exchange will place a cookie on your computer, and will keep track of the messages you've looked at (that were new) and mark them with an 'unread' symbol.

Then, when you come back, just click on the 'New Posts' button, and you'll see everything that has transpired since your last visit.

Please let me know if this helps - or if you need anything more.

//sse

Mindscape

Member III
I don't always use the same computer so the New Posts options does not always work for me. It works great when using my computer.

When I go to search and look for posts over the last week it seems to require that I include a search word. I tried using the word 'the', but the search is smart enough to ignore common words. Any ideas, or am I just missing something??

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Yeah, I saw that (the problem of the dated-only search). If you login to both computers - it will keep track of which messages you read - on the db - not on your cookie (I think) - so it should cover it. Try logging in at work and at home and see what happens.

I'll take a look at Jelsoft's site and see what I can find on this issue. I may not get back to you until this weekend, however - classes started today, and I'm flooded with work, etc.

Thanks,
//sse

Mindscape

Member III
Stuff in DB

Sean - I think the issue is that I'm not logging in when I go to other computers. cookie logs me in automagically on this one. I thought the cookie was controling what was new - if it's in the db it should work if it works when I log in.

Thanks for checking it out.