How To Match The Ericson Non-Skid Pattern

ofshore74

Member III
Having researched core repairs for quite some time it always bothered me that I might have trouble matching the exact pattern on the non-skid that they did at the factory, then I found this company: http://gibcoflexmold.com/patterns/ and some West Systems instructions to boot: http://www.westsystem.com/ss/repair-non-skid-and-get-professional-results/

attachment.php

Attachments

• GFS-115-660x418.jpg
    GFS-115-660x418.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 722

Glyn Judson

Matching non-skid at home.

Dear friend, I learned a trick for non-skid repair from sailor friends when we lived in Canada. Simply stated, the materials needed are mold release like liquid dish soap, a piece of cardboard large enough to overlap the repair area and a bunch of silicone sealer sufficient to cover the cardboard. Apply the soap, spread the silicone sealer over the cardboard and lay it over the area in question. Let it cure and remove it for an exact pattern. Effect the repairs before reapplying the cardboard with more mold release. Be sure to hold it down with weights here and there so you're sure it is in uniform contact with the deck area until it cures. Peel it off and you should have a new non-skid pattern identical to the old. Glyn Judson, E31 hull #55, Marina del Rey CA

Glyn Judson

Duplicating non-skid.

Dear offshore74, (What's your name anyhow?) I failed to see where you hail from in your previous posting. We lived in Vancouver, BC lo those many years ago. English Bay on a summers' evening can't be beat in light winds or even when ghosting along. Fond memories are almost better than the real thing sometimes. Glyn

ofshore74

Member III
Dear offshore74, (What's your name anyhow?) I failed to see where you hail from in your previous posting. We lived in Vancouver, BC lo those many years ago. English Bay on a summers' evening can't be beat in light winds or even when ghosting along. Fond memories are almost better than the real thing sometimes. Glyn

Vancouver BC. And it's Chris. Spent many nights leaned up against a log staring out at the sailboats on English Bay. Sailed it a couple of times however not in my own boat. The hope is to find myself an Ericson and do just that, I've looked at many. As my friend Scott says to everyone he meets (a new yorker who just moved here) "this is GOD's country!" but especially in a sailboat.

ofshore74

Member III
Specific Gibco Flexmould Anti-skid Deck Pattern

Heard back from Penny at Gibco Flexmould on the exact patten for Ericsons:

"For Ericson, I show pattern 313, which is a small square pattern. Take a look at that pattern on our website - gibcoflexmold.com - and see if you agree. If you're not 100% certain, just click on the "request sample" button and fill out that form, and I will get a sample out to you in the mail."

And here's the pricing sheet she attached:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2016 FLEXMOLD PRICING - Customer Copy.pdf
    186.4 KB · Views: 64