Lake Erie E27?

drcam1

Member II
Looking at putting an E27 in Sandusky Bay of Lake Erie for PHRF races, can races and overnight cruising to islands. Any thoughts on this choice? I was looking at a larger (more expensive, needing more work) 32-35ft Ericson, but have the opportunity to get an excellent E27 for 1/3 the cost. I personally know the owner and history on the E27, so that is a selling point as well.

Burgy1985

E-27 can take it.

I have my E27 docked at Meinke Marina in Curtice, OH and make the 25 mile trip East to the Islands almost every weekend. She has taken some beatings out there and being a novice sailor I think the boat was more confident in those storms than I cause she took it no problem. I'm sure she has her limits but considering the E27 has made it from California to Hawaii I'm sure she can handle the job. Another plus is her relatively shallow draft allows you some breathing room in the shallow western basin of Erie. for a 27' she has ample cabin for weekend trips for two. but has quarters for 4 adults or 3 and 2 little ones in the v birth.

abbot33

mikadog
Also on Lake Erie

I have a 25' center board at Anchor Pointe. I totally agree that the Ericson is one fine boat and can take a lot more than I can and I have been sailing for 25 years.