Moving A Boat--Internet Warning

Pete the Cat

Member III
OK, I was looking at a boat for a friend. I found a possible option in the Great Lakes region and needed to figure what transportation would add to the cost of the boat to get it to the West Coast. So I went on a website for "Moving Boats". My advice: Don't go there. What you will get is dozens of calls from "logistics coordinators" who will quote you very low prices for a transport. They are frauds. They have no idea what it costs to transport a boat. They are simply truck load brokers and they will eventually tell you that the "trucker decides the cost" (if they do not take your credit card info first). That is true. The guys who actually own and drive the trucks decide the cost. Make sure you talk to them.
So, if you are ever trying to arrange trucking of a boat....Find a boat trucking company on the internet who has a truck and a driver and do not believe or give money to anyone until you talk folks who own the truck. Transportation brokers are a big problem and the websites are lies. Actually, I feel this way about most brokers (intermediaries who are paid on commission, not on the quality or quantity of work performed), but that is another story.