• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

My visit to Annapolis Sailboat Show and meeting Captain Q.

peaman

Sustaining Member
Looks like you need to update your signature to include your Youtube channel, like Christian's.

The "hands-on" benefits of boat shows is the best, like that just-for-you gennaker demo.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Looks like you need to update your signature to include your Youtube channel, like Christian's.

The "hands-on" benefits of boat shows is the best, like that just-for-you gennaker demo.
Very new into Youtube so I’ll get around eventually to updating my signature. Yes, getting a personal demo on a top down furling gennaker was an eye opener. I really was considering putting one on my 32-3 but….after seeing the hassle and expense involved along with the Harken guy saying that it wouldn’t be a good idea to keep the furler installed, but rolled up, when sailing upwind (I thought you could) I decided to stick with using my whisker pole. The effort and expense doesn’t benefit me that much with the type of sailing I do on the Chesapeake bay where points of sail can change rather quickly in order to get around shoals or sail up rivers and smaller bays. That said, I think the Harken system beats them all because of the patented design of the braided wire over the textile core that the sail wraps around which is the torsion cable. Their design makes it possible to furl the sail with out requiring to have the torsion cable very tight, like most other furling systems require or so I was told by the Harken man.