• Untitled Document

Join us on September 27th, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the people you've met online!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

September Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Name Change...Akevitt is now Brubeck

Rosco

Exploring the BC Coast E35-2, Yanmar 3GM30
After over a year of owning and loving our Akevitt, I realize that I have no relationship to the name other than it's translation, "Water of Life" seemed appropriate. Now, as Bridget and I cook Dinner and listen to jazz and in particular Dave Brubeck, I think Brubeck will be our new boat name. The tender will be named Dave.
When I was much younger, 10, 11, 12 years old during the 1970s, my father had a massive music collection and as the evening progressed he always ended with Brubeck. Often my sister and I
would hear 'Dave digs Disney' from our bedrooms on those exciting nights when we could stay up past 10 pm.. Brubeck reminds me of my mother and father and certainly fits nicely as a tribute and something closer to the heart. Bridget loves it as well which is more important than the preamble.

Love this (I'm a jazz saxophonist), and grew up listening and playing all things Brubeck. In fact, our doggo's name is Enzo Brubeck...named after my favorite Neapolitan uncle (I grew up overseas) and Dave Brubeck. Cat's name is...Cosmo Coltrane. I think that's a terrific tribute!

PS: Our E30+ is named Andiamo! (with the exclamation point) It mean's "Let's Go!"