New member and E-41 owner.

Altair22

Hi Everyone, I just bought an E41 and I'm looking forward to learning more about this model. That way I don't have to learn everything the "hard way." ;o)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Welcome to the site!
As you might guess, there are not too many owners here with that model, and that's mostly due to a lower number produced, back in the day.

Here is one recent thread started by an owner, and if you click on his name there is a way to send him a private message.

Given that the construction of that boat is generally similar to the other Ericson's of the era, many construction/engineering details will be the same.

Opinion: While it's true that Bruce King seldom drew a bad boat, the E-41 remains one of his best classic designs. We visited aboard one at a rendezvous a decade ago, and were hugely impressed. This was a dark green hull, visiting the Rendezvous at Port Townsend, WA.

Last edited:

Altair22

Hull number 22. Magic. The only big project I have though is a holding tank and system. She was originally built to flush straight overboard and Puget Sound is no discharge. The pics are from the survey and water demo.

Attachments

• DSCF5104.jpg
    DSCF5104.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF5094.jpg
    DSCF5094.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 15

Altair22

Welcome to the site!
As you might guess, there are not too many owners here with that model, and that's mostly due to a lower number produced, back in the day.

Here is one recent thread started by an owner, and if you click on his name there is a way to send him a private message.

Given that the construction of that boat is generally similar to the other Ericson's of the era, many construction/engineering details will be the same.

Opinion: While it's true that Bruce King seldom drew a bad boat, the E-41 remains one of his best classic designs. We visited aboard one at a rendezvous a decade ago, and were hugely impressed. This was a dark green hull, visiting the Rendezvous at Port Townsend, WA.
I agree. I was impressed during during the survey, I was sold by the water demo! I have run across an owner on the Ericson owners group on facebook. His in the middle of a serious refit on his.

clayton

Member III
Looks to be the one. I spent a little time last night thinking "what if ..." and saw the listing. Also came across:
leeyoungbloodphoto.com "Dan's Ericson 41 Flyby". Some nice shots under sail. Such a pretty boat.

Altair22

Looks like this one, maybe?
That is her. She needs some cosmetic work and a holding tank. But the survey came up with no safety or structural issues and she's setup up very close to what I would have done if I were starting from scratch.