• Untitled Document

Join us on September 27th, 7pm EDT

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the people you've met online!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

September Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

New to me E26-2

Beloh

Hi All, I bought a 1985 E26-2 last year. I’ve have been lurking on this site since then and figured it was finally time to introduce myself. Currently the boat’s name is “Cosmos Lady” (which might be changed) and I’m keeping her in Edmonds, Wa. There are a few to-do projects it appears everyone is familiar with: repair or replace the Lewmar hatches, rebed portlights and deck hardware, figure out the dorade vents, etc but in general it’s in great shape. I mostly single hand and it seems the perfect size for how I use it.

The support and information on this site were a big factor in choosing this boat, the other option was a Cape Dory 25D – also a great boat but not in the same condition as this E26-2.

Glad to be, I really appreciate having a community like this.

Cheers,
Lawrence

Attachments

• 00s0s_rZiUQz3JK4_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_rZiUQz3JK4_0CI0pO_600x450.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 7

Prairie Schooner

Jeff & Donna, E35-3 purchased 7/21
Hi All, I bought a 1985 E26-2 last year. I’ve have been lurking on this site since then and figured it was finally time to introduce myself. Currently the boat’s name is “Cosmos Lady” (which might be changed) and I’m keeping her in Edmonds, Wa. There are a few to-do projects it appears everyone is familiar with: repair or replace the Lewmar hatches, rebed portlights and deck hardware, figure out the dorade vents, etc but in general it’s in great shape. I mostly single hand and it seems the perfect size for how I use it.

The support and information on this site were a big factor in choosing this boat, the other option was a Cape Dory 25D – also a great boat but not in the same condition as this E26-2.

Glad to be, I really appreciate having a community like this.

Cheers,
Lawrence
Congratulations Lawrence, and welcome!!

KS Dave

Dastardly Villain
Blogs Author
Congratulations and welcome! Wow, you're three hull numbers from me (I'm #248). Would love to see some more pictures of your current condition. Fascinating that you have a Yanmar with a 1985 - you must have been right at the cutoff for the change as I have the Westerbeke.

Please ask any questions about your upcoming projects. As for what you mentioned, I just talked to Tony at HatchMasters last week and he quoted me ~$700+shipping to refurbish the Lewmar hatches on our boat (new acrylic, upgrade to modern Lewmar handles, new gaskets, etc.). He said parts are getting scarcer by the week. I'd rather have new sails (mine are really crusty), so I'm going to attempt a DIY on that job, but thought I'd mention it.

I just finished over-drilling/epoxying/re-bedding (nearly) all of my deck hardware last year after doing a big chunk of repair. I need to do chainplates and the jib tracks, then I will have done everything that's over a cored deck. It's a chore, but pays dividends in keeping your core dry.

As for the cowl vents and associated blower, I'm tempted to glass mine in and be done with them. It's a hot topic for debate on the engine "breathing", but for me, it's just another ingress for water, mud daubers, and spiders.

The portlights are a project I need to tackle as mine are leaky. Not looking forward to it, but there are plenty of examples to be had.

Glad to have you!