Oil Pressure Alarm / Gauge Issue 2003t

hlurie

Hi Ericsonians
We run a Volvo Penta 2003t

1st time ever: after running about 15 minutes, oil pressure alarm sounds. Gauge reads fine - around 50 PSI. Alarm sometimes kicks off, sometimes not.

Thinking its a failed alarm sensor. But...

We've identified sensor with two wires (see pic below) - solid blue and other blue white. Disconnected blue/white after determining tht that the solid blue was the gauge. We could read gauge and did a sea test.

Ran sea test; pressure held fine. After 25 min. alarm sounded.

So.... anyone have an idea whether we've disconnected the wrong wire (sounds like we did) or where the correct location of the sensor is.

THANKS

IMG_2352.jpg

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Our boats and engines are different, but it might be the buzzer. I hope it's not the sender, which on my model is awkward to replace.

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Your engine is different from mine, but on mine the alarm buzzer is the same for both the oil pressure sensor and the heat temperature sensor. If your oil pressure is being maintained, is it possible that the alarm is sounding because of the temperature sensor? Neither of those sensors is very expensive, but the oil sensor can be hard to reach, as Christian has mentioned above.
Frank