Olson 34 called "Valhalla II" in San Pedro?

dave_r

Hey folks

Is anyone familiar with an Olson 34 called Valhalla II in San Pedro? She's been listed for sale for several months, but I've been having a brutal time getting any coherent information from the broker.

We've been hunting for a replacement for our Laser 28 and I really like the O34, but I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time with this particular boat. I'm not in LA, but I have a friend (finally) going to look at her later today.

Thanks!

Dave

gabriel

Live free or die hard
Hey folks

Is anyone familiar with an Olson 34 called Valhalla II in San Pedro? She's been listed for sale for several months, but I've been having a brutal time getting any coherent information from the broker.

We've been hunting for a replacement for our Laser 28 and I really like the O34, but I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time with this particular boat. I'm not in LA, but I have a friend (finally) going to look at her later today.

Thanks!

Dave
Yes, my cousin was interested in it. He went to go see her but it needs a lot of work and the motor appears to be bad so he passed it. I believe the owner won’t budge from 28K.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Says it has a Universal M25 version, they're reliable enough unless totaled. Hard to imagine a broker that can't get information from the seller, I'd call and express knowledgeable interest to the brokerage owner, just to get past the firewall of salesmen, who often consider telephone inquiries somebody else's problem. (only if you show up in person in expensive shoes with the wife along do they smell a commission.)

dave_r

Hey Christian

Um - yeah - that's what I actually wound up doing ... The brokerage owner is trying to be helpful, but this poor thing appears to have been orphaned. I asked a couple of times, and they can't or won't offer any paperwork for it (i.e. previous maintenance records, an equipment inventory, or even an estimate from a mechanic to fix the engine.)

A knowledgeable friend looked at her for me, and I spoke with another guy who looked at it (thanks for the call if you're reading), and we all agreed that a) she needs someone loving and skilled (like Loren) to bring her back to life and b) is far too much money in her current state.

Dave