• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Portlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

I have an 87' 34 and over the last several months have noticed that my portlights are begining to leak. Has anyone undertaken the task of repacking both the fixed and open portlights or had it done preofessionally? Before undertaking such a task I would like to hear if there are any gotchas or other trappings before beginning or securing someone else to do the work.

cheers

Steve

Member III
My e35-3 had this done many years ago with the orginal owner. The ports show some excess material around the inside of the interior ports, inside the trim and the lexan, I think is 3m 5200. I suspect it may be difficult to break the orginal seal.. but it can be done! I also think they removed the complete cabin teak trim sides since the plugs look newer.

Steve

Geoff Johnson

Fellow Ericson Owner
One of the fixed ports on my 32-3 started to leak and I went as far as taking off the interior trim. But I quickly concluded there was no way to remove the port without damaging it due to the tenacious sealant used. So I opted for Plan B which was to seal from the outside. I did this by using clear polysulfide and laying down strips of tape on either side of the joint. I then pressed the pilysulfide into the joint and removed the tapes. This left a neat job which is almost invisible. And it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.