• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Question about bed extension on an Ericson Independence

sislander

I’m curious if anyone has replaced the hardware that allows the starboard berth to pull out? I’ve recently purchased this boat and there is no hardware! I’d be open to any ideas. Thanks in advance.

David Vaughn

Member II
Blogs Author
We haven’t replaced it but later today I can send you photos of how ours is set up. I don’t know if it’s factory, but it’s how it was when we bought it.

David Vaughn

Member II
Blogs Author
CBBF85E9-93A8-49A4-BEBF-814EE94D9FAE.jpeg
Open, showing slides. They are fastened underneath onto the part that slides out.
BC0E3F87-1304-4A5D-9877-B8C1DF15365B.jpeg
Closeup of slide.
Looking at it again, it may have been replaced by a previous owner. You can see a cutout in the first photo that may have held the factory hardware.
On the forward end of the sliding part is a barrel bolt that fits into a hole in the forward bulkhead. On the aft end is a leg that folds down to support that end.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.

sislander

That is very helpful thank you. It looks like it was retrofitted with drawer slides meant for a cabinet drawer. I have the same cutouts on mine. That’ll work great. Thanks again. When it is fully extended does the outer piece sit a little higher?

David Vaughn

Member II
Blogs Author
Yes it sits a bit higher but not significantly. I think the cushions that go on the part that slides out are slightly thinner than the single long cushion for the fixed side. I’ve slept on it a few times and it hasn’t been a problem.

Glad it helps. Enjoy your new boat.