• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

R2AK

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Anyone following the race to Alaska this year? Not Ericson related, but still a cool event to follow along. There's some interesting boats this year including a c&c 35-II (cool to see s boat similar in size, phrf, and age to a 35-3) and a beautiful Lyman Morse 40.

ConchyDug

Member III
Yeah we have a couple friends/teams from here racing it. Monkey Fist(Olson 30)and Tres Equis(Corsair 880). I'm guessing there are 2 different courses for the first leg?

Nick J

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Looks like Tres Equis had a string of bad luck. I hope your friends are doing Ok.

ConchyDug

Member III
Yeah they just bought that boat for this event and I guess didn't have a chance to really field test it. I know they were having issues with the cassette style rudder, then the jib halyard chafed thru among other things. Those conditions up there look trying for any boat. The guys I know on monkeyfist look miserable, I think they gained 25 miles of vmg in 24hrs which is pretty funny since the IMOCA 60s just broke the monohull 24hr record with 641 miles last week.

southofvictor

Member III
Blogs Author
I like yesterdays post by the organizer. Don’t use a new boat, don’t use an old boat, don’t use a boat built by professionals, don’t use a boat built by yourself. They all break.