Spring Maintenance Video (25 minutes)

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Warning: Contains yet another of my unsolicited defenses of the humble Raymarine wheel pilot, not to mention brilliant solutions to imaginary problems. Also, one of my screwups in dealing with prop wash, which may have already been discussed here.

Chose "Watch on YouTube" for HD.

Vtonian

E38 - Vashon
CW videos: next best thing to sailing....

I've been meaning to ask:
What harness do you use?
Also, I think I recall there was a mention in one of your videos of the concert or video that inspired the naming of Thelonious. If that's correct, could you point me to it again? Not that I'd have a problem rewatching them all again to find it myself, just a fellow Monk fan would like to see it sooner than later.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
That harness is 25 years old, doubt they make them that simple anymore. You can sleep in it.

My Thelonious Monk reference is probably that last line of a blog entry in which I returned to sailboats after a flirtation with a trawler.

The boat is named Thelonious after Thelonious Monk, the jazz player and composer whose reinvented chords, rhythmic innovations and periodically unusual personal behavior reminds me of the ocean in all its moods.

Vtonian

E38 - Vashon
That blog entry is not the one I was thinking of, maybe I've assigned guilt by association to you for the inspirational Monk video but regardless, I'm sorry I hadn't read that sooner, what an enjoyable and laugh-out-loud funny piece for a Sunday morning. Thanks!