UPDATE Thelonious II "Forum Sail", Sunday June 30, 2024

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Forum members and friends are invited for a "forum sail" 3 p.m. Sunday, June 30. We'll be out for two hours, then back to California Yacht Club in Marina del Rey for dinner in the tent that currently replaces the burned-out clubhouse.

We've done this before a few times, it's a way for locals to share the Ericson experience without typing. And not confined to locals, should you happen to be in Los Angeles that day.

If interested respond here, we can take 12 or even more.

Cheers
Christian

Last edited:

Rosco

Exploring the BC Coast E35-2, Yanmar 3GM30
I am going to try Christian. Will confirm later today. Checking flights.

Rosco

Forum members and friends are invited for a "forum sail" 3 p.m. Sunday, June 30. We'll be out for two hours, then back to California Yacht Club in Marina del Rey for dinner in the tent that currently replaces the burned-out clubhouse.

We've done this before a few times, it's a way for locals to share the Ericson experience without typing. And not confined to locals, should you happen to be in Los Angeles that day.

If interested respond here, we can take 12 or even more.

Cheers
Christian
Okay I am booked Christian...Can't wait...this is my Music of the Spheres. Let me know if there is still room.

Rosco

Okay I am booked Christian...Can't wait...this is my Music of the Spheres. Let me know if there is still room.
So one is confirmed, Don Ross is my name from Vancouver BC.

Bolo

Contributing Partner
Christian, If there had been more notice I would have arranged to fly from south central PA, where I live, to go sailing with you. Hope you do more of these in the future.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
The sail is on for 3 p.m. tomorrow, with a caveat. Forecast 15-25 knots late afternoon. We have three or four crew, guests welcome.

The caveat: I returned from Washington, D.C. 10 days ago and tested positive for Covid, with symptoms of bad cold and cough.

First negative test was this morning, meaning Covid-free. No symptoms, but an occasional cough. I will test again tomorrow morning and report, as two consecutive tests are suggested.

Weigh risk as you will, I find the recommendations to be, as the pirate Barbossa has observed, "more guidelines than rules." Activity will be out of doors.

Let me know if you're coming and I'll send details by personal message.

Rosco

The sail is on for 3 p.m. tomorrow, with a caveat. Forecast 15-25 knots late afternoon. We have three or four crew, guests welcome.

The caveat: I returned from Washington, D.C. 10 days ago and tested positive for Covid, with symptoms of bad cold and cough.

First negative test was this morning, meaning Covid-free. No symptoms, but an occasional cough. I will test again tomorrow morning and report, as two consecutive tests are suggested.

Weigh risk as you will, I find the recommendations to be, as Capt. Jack Sparrow has observed, "more guidelines than rules." Activity will be out of doors.

Let me know if you're coming and I'll send details by personal message.
I am in. No doubt about it. 'Sure as shootin' as we are outside I have no issue whatsoever. Thank you for the Rockstar recovery.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
3 pm, California Yacht Club, 4469 Admiralty Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292.

Guest parking. Walk to flagpole. You can see Thelonious II from the gate to F Docks, so navigate there. If Gate is locked, call me at 310 383 1304.