Wanted: To Test a C-Map NT+ Card

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Do you have a C-MAP NT+ map card I could borrow? I have a 1995 vintage electronic suite from Raytheon that includes a 601XX chartplotter interfaced with the RL-9 radar and my Garmin 75 GPS. It uses C-MAP NT cards. My chart card is from 1999 and now that NT cards are not available C-MAP says the NT+ should work. Has anyone tried this with a 601XX?

I would like to test any C-MAP NT+ cartridge in my setup and see how it works compared to the original. There are possible performance issues (map refresh speed) with the old electronics and the enhanced data on the NT+ cards. This test would help me decide whether to even consider continuing with this old monochrome setup, or whether to start saving for a PDA or laptop and joining the modern era someday. My setup still works great, but I need a couple more years out of it while I attend to things like diesel heaters and running rigging.

I will be at the Rendezvous at Port Townsend in June.

Thanks.

mark reed

Member III
Craig,
I will have a C-Map NT+ cartridge aboard at the rendezvous - that is, assuming the weather permits safe passage from Astoria to the Strait. Right now there are at least 2 Ericsons waiting in Astoria for a weather window!

footrope

Contributing Partner
Blogs Author
Thanks Mark. That's a great offer. I'll look forward to seeing you and your wife, and your boat, at Port Townsend.

I hope you have a good trip up the Washington coast. I was just looking at your cool website describing your trip around Vancouver Island. Looks like it was challenging and great fun.

See you in a few weeks.

Last edited: