• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Water Pump Replacement

Ed Hart

I have an Ericson35 Mk ll with an Atomic4 under the dinette. My water pump has started leaking and needs to be rebuilt.

Has anyone done this job?

Any suggestions?

Ed

JM

Member I
Hey Ed!

I have a repair/maintenance manual which I would be glad to send you instructions in order to do the job. Let me check to see if there is any explanations on the subject, and get back to you.

JM.

Bill Robart

Ed,

Rebuilding the pump is fairly easy, but, it depends on the brand of pump as to whether you should bother. A new Oberdorfer pump in somewhere around $120. The rebuild parts for some of the other pumps can run nearly that
much.

Parts for the Oberdorfer are available from John Featherman at a4parts@epix.net as is the complete pump. The parts and prices are on Don Moyer's web site http://www.moyermarine.com.

If your pump is 20 years old and hasn't been kept well greased it may be best to buy the new pump and use the old one as a spare.

Bill Robart

Daniel Alvarez

I just replaced the water pump on my E30+ 2 weeks back. I'm in the Bay Area and found the Oberdorfer pump in Sea Power in Oakland for about $150.

However, after taking apart the old pump I notice that the pump casing was in great shape. All I really needed was some new seals and a new impeller.

Also you might want to replace the grease cap before it rusts and breaks (which is what happened to me).

dan