• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Winter Season Arm Chair Sailing Adventure to Watch

kapnkd

kapnkd
For most of us Northerners, our boats are now safely “on the hard”. Alas, are now relegated to tall stories at the club bar gatherings or whatever we can find on TV while falling leaves are shortly replaced by inevitable multitudes of snowflakes.

…There IS a 1998 (less than an hour adventure documentary) that will have you scratching your head…HOW the heck did they film all of this so well????

This IS an incredible true water adventure from 1997 called “Miracle at Sea” and now on Amazon Prime…IF ya hopefully have it?

…It’s the story of Tony Bullimores yacht capsizing back in ‘97 during the Southern Ocean Race and his incredible survival then eventual rescue by the Australian Navy.

A well done uplifting miracle story to warm your heart as the ensuing winter days leave us high and dry till Spring.

Navman

Member III
I will look for the film. Sounds like a good way to spend some time. This" Northerner" does not pull his boat until the 2nd week of December. Our last sail is traditionally the 1st weekend of December. Some of the very best sailing of the season began 2 weeks ago. I am sailing from Worton Creek down to Clements Creek on the Severn River for an over-nighter this weekend. Weather provided I usually splash the 1st week of March to begin my new season. As I have always told my children when growing up, "You have to have adventure in your life. If you can't have a big adventure, have a lot of little ones. That's what God made weekends for" ~~_/) ~~

kapnkd

kapnkd
I am sorry
As well, …so sorry to hear it’s not available for you to watch in Italy.

No doubt most of us would LOVE to hear of your sailing trips and daysailing with your Ericson in the Mediterranean areas! (For sure, I would!) …Tell us more!

Chschaus

"Voila"
Interesting Documentary. Available multiple ways