1980 E26

Gfw

I'm looking at purchasing a 1980 Ericson. It is billed as an E-26, but for 1980 I can find no references to the E26, only to the 25 or 25+. Even the NADA only lists the 25. Are they the same boat?

Any comments or enlighentenment appreciated. Thanks.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Same thing

Pretty much the same thing-maybe some bvery minor differences..although the name change happened after I left Ericson-Anyone confirm this?

Good luck-nice boat!

S

Glyn Judson

Gfw (wht not give yourself a name?) & Seth, We had a 1979 E25+ and I compared ours to the 1980's E26 numerous times. Ther were several deck mold changes and as I recall, the interior became a bit more spartain. Ericson added molded-in side deck scuppers in the toe rail that actually drained the deck and added an opening hatch in the forward slope of the cabin, both very important improvements but the hull is the same. For those of you reading this who own an E25+, I added a 10" Lewmar hatch forward to ours, a terriffic addition that, when open, turned the cabin below into a comfortable living space in the heat to the summer and added greatly to the natural light in the V-berth. Contact me back channel for photos and easy installation instructions if interested. I also installed one in a friends E27. Glyn glynjudson@adelphia.net

Gfw

Thanks

Thanks to both of you for the information - Sorry about the name - it's Gordon - I've just always gone by Gfw when posting on the web - including at my own site.

rssailor

E-25+

Did you buy the boat Gordon? I really love my E-25+ and think it is one of the better boats in this size range. Moonglow has been mine for almost ten years now and I have done a ton of work to her. Let me know if you have any questions. Ryan

Gfw

Weekend Escape

Ryan... I did purchase – it will be sailing under it's new name of 'Weekend Escape'. As it turned out, the dealer that I purchased it from actually sold the boat new in 1980 and for most of the intervening years it has been stored there inside during the off season. The surveyor found almost nothing wrong with it and in fact it came with a lot of items not in the original inventory.

My son and I will be bringing it down to Chicago from Waukegan over Memorial Day weekend – it should be a great summer.