35-2 Question

pgadd

Member I
There is a 35-2 for sale on Yachtworld in Wilmington, CA that has a different layout and is keel-stepped. To my knowledge, the 35-2 was deck-stepped; was a keel-stepped mast ever an option? The installation certainly looks professional. Also, this particular boat has a dinette table that folds up on the bulkhead versus a dinette itself. This also appears to be OEM, but the 35-2s I’ve seen have been universally with dinette.

So does anybody know if this particular configuration was ever offered by Ericson?

The boat appears pretty rough in many areas, but the keel-stepped mast and different interior intrigue me. And at $21.5, the price is on the low end of almost reasonable.

I’d copy-paste the URL, but I can’t figure out how to do that on my ipad. Thanks, all.

kapnkd

kapnkd
There is a 35-2 for sale on Yachtworld in Wilmington, CA that has a different layout and is keel-stepped. To my knowledge, the 35-2 was deck-stepped; was a keel-stepped mast ever an option? The installation certainly looks professional. Also, this particular boat has a dinette table that folds up on the bulkhead versus a dinette itself. This also appears to be OEM, but the 35-2s I’ve seen have been universally with dinette.

So does anybody know if this particular configuration was ever offered by Ericson?

The boat appears pretty rough in many areas, but the keel-stepped mast and different interior intrigue me. And at $21.5, the price is on the low end of almost reasonable.

I’d copy-paste the URL, but I can’t figure out how to do that on my ipad. Thanks, all.
???…STRANGE!! …Sure it isn’t a 35-3 in a really neglected state?? Any clue as to the year of the vessel?

pgadd

Member I
Absolutely positive. I know the difference between the 35-2 and 35-3. It is listed on Yachtworld as a ‘78, and Practical Sailor says the 35-2 was built until sometime in the 80’s.

Mr. Scarlett

Member III

Indeed, it is a 35-2 and the mast is keel stepped. There are also compression posts at the forward end of the galley - mine does not. My 1979 also has a different salon layout.

pgadd

Member I
Our old 35-2 was Keel stepped
Any idea what year it was? I wonder if, at some point in the late 80’s, Ericson either started offering keel-stepped as an option, or switched over to keel-stepped for every hull built past a certain date.

S. Kane

I can vouch for the interior layout is the same as my 1973 model, minus the posts. The mast is deck stepped on mine.

1973 E35-II #295
Boston, MA

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Pgadd, just telephone the broker and ask the question. They will probably have to ask the owner, but that's what brokers are for--to get information for us. And if they can't or won't--run.

robjpowell

Member II
Our 1976 is also the same layout (settees + fold down table) albeit a deck stepped mast and no compression posts at the Nav or Galley. Engine is under the companionway. From the floor pan I am pretty sure it is factory original install