• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

38-200 Coming to Market

Geoff43

Our beloved Ericson 1989 38-200 is shortly coming onto the market and I'm trying to understand the appropriate price point. Water Rat has many upgrades and extras (including brand new sails) and is ready for cruising. She is in Ladysmith Marina on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I know what the asking price range is, but don't have much insight into actual sale settlement price. Any info greatly appreciated.

Geoff

Marinarius

Member I
Having recently checked dozens of marinas (including Oak Bay groups) for an available mooring near you, I found wait lists from 1-7 years.

I would suggest that selling a boat in PNW depends as much on having a place to put it, as on the make/model/condition/price of the boat.

If your mooring is transferable, you are indeed lucky.

Ruckus.adrift

E-28+ Universal 5411, Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Hello, i
Our beloved Ericson 1989 38-200 is shortly coming onto the market and I'm trying to understand the appropriate price point. Water Rat has many upgrades and extras (including brand new sails) and is ready for cruising. She is in Ladysmith Marina on Vancouver Island, British Columbia. I know what the asking price range is, but don't have much insight into actual sale settlement price. Any info greatly appreciated.

Geoff
I'm not entirely sure about asking prices, but I just wanted to let you know I will shortly be in the market for an E-38 (especially the 200), I'm looking to sell me E-28+. I actually just moved from Ladysmitb down a short distance to Maple Bay.
Ideally I would be looking for a purchase time this upcoming spring, but flexible.

Thanks,
Melissa

adamg

Melissa,

I learned a few days ago from Arbutus Yachts that there's already an offer on Geoff's Water Rat. My partner and I are also possibly looking for a 38-200, but the market in the PNW is still pretty silly.

Cheers,
Adam

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Speaking of finding or having a slip, do not rule out yacht club moorages. We are south of you too far, but we and the other similar sailboat YC's in this area can usually get a larger sailboat in within two and often within one year. Costs are equal to the corporate marinas or lower, and sometimes a LOT lower.

Last edited:

Ruckus.adrift

E-28+ Universal 5411, Nanaimo, BC, Canada
Thanks for the heads up Adam, I know it's slim pickings up here it feels like and you have to be ready to jump on anything that comes up.
Melissa,

I learned a few days ago from Arbutus Yachts that there's already an offer on Geoff's Water Rat. My partner and I are also possibly looking for a 38-200, but the market in the PNW is still pretty silly.

Cheers,
Adam

Mary Ross

Melissa and Adam
I have a 1980 Ericson 38 Hull # 6 that my husband and I have owned for 36 years. Just had boat surveyed in August. Boat is moored in Bellingham WA. Let me know if either of you might be interested in seeing survey. Just put on new bottom paint and Zincs when hauled for survey. We are pricing the boat at $25,000. Our moorage in Bellingham is non transferable but we have pre paid for our slip until March of 2023 so might be able to give a new owner some breathing room to find a new berth. If you might be interested email me danranmary@gmail.com
Cheers
Mary

Last edited: