5432 diesel engine kubota part numbers

Felicity

Member I
IMG_9322.jpegI just sailed our 38-200 from Florida to Canada, hoping for a triumphal arrival in the St-Laurence seaway, Quebec City.
Not so fast says engine. we are in narrow strip between locks, very little in service options, zero sailboat haul out capacity., engine has multiple breaks in cranskshaft.
attached a few pics of our ressourceful mechanic to extract the engine.
I am looking for Kubota part nos. for crankshaft, pistons, rings, equivslents for Universal 5432.

Attachments

• IMG_0304.png
    IMG_0304.png
    566.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0303.png
    IMG_0303.png
    563.7 KB · Views: 12

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Reply 13 looks promising. Best spend some searching time on the site. This thread popped up quickly, and there should be more.

Pete the Cat

Sustaining Member
That's going to take some time and a mechanic familiar with the territory near the crank--lots of parts there to inspect and lots of torque specs that need full attention. Have you looked for a new short block? I think there are folks who remanufacture Kubota and other small industrial blocks. These Kubota blocks are used in several fork lifts and small tractors.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Depending on how many years/decades you plan on keeping your boat, a new Betamarine 38 might be another solution.
We replaced a running-but-needing-lots-of-maintenance M25XP in 2018, and are totally happy with the upgrade. Totally. :)

Felicity

Member I
Reply 13 looks promising. Best spend some searching time on the site. This thread popped up quickly, and there should be more.

That's going to take some time and a mechanic familiar with the territory near the crank--lots of parts there to inspect and lots of torque specs that need full attention. Have you looked for a new short block? I think there are folks who remanufacture Kubota and other small industrial blocks. These Kubota blocks are used in several fork lifts and small tractors.
my mechanic is up to the task I believe, also a Kubota dealer, so parts once we can get equivalences from our Universal numbers, will be cheap. he is essentially doing a rebuild. Or so goes the current logic. if we hit more snags, I havent excluded a new motor which comes with a 5 yr guarantee, but will hope not. will float the idea of new short block if we get there, thx.

Felicity

Member I
Depending on how many years/decades you plan on keeping your boat, a new Betamarine 38 might be another solution.
We replaced a running-but-needing-lots-of-maintenance M25XP in 2018, and are totally happy with the upgrade. Totally. :)
yes I have a Beta 30 as an alternative, 38 would require upping shaft, prop, brackets, so trying to stay in my lane.

Felicity

Member I
right, exploring that and like the Beta as an alternative, maybe the 30. 38 sounds great too but the increase probably would add alot of costs to refit the larger shaft, prop, etc.