89' 32-200 questions

bigtyme805

Member III
Hull Speed is 7.5 knots and the P=36 I=42

In the directory Sean has accumulated as much info on the ericson's that is out there. There is the original brochure to the E-32-200 that you can download on this site.

Do you need to go under a bridge? If so don't exactly quote me on the height measurements because the brochure does not state the year, It looks to me like a 1985 E32-200.

Sounds like you are shopping around, good luck in your decision. I have the 30+ and I am happy. I like the 32-200 because of the aft cabin. These boats are terrific sailors.

Seth

Sustaining Partner
32-200 Rig info

True, the I= 42, J= 13.8, and the P=36, E =11.5.

But the I is the height to the top of the headsail halyard sheave from the "base of I", which is roughly on deck where the chainplates for the upper shrouds are. The height of the mast above water (only important for bridge clearance as noted) , would be the I, plus about 4' (or whatever thhe freeboard is-deck above water), plus maybe 4-6" for the top of the mast (more if you have wind instruments up there)...

The hull speed may be 7.5, but this is not a real limiting factor-you won't go much faster than this under power, but under sail in big breeze, surfing, etc. you can easily exceed this number-especially in bursts...The formula to calculate "hull speed" is 1.34 X sq.rt. of LWL.

Enjoy!!!