AIS standard horizon matrix gx2150

imiloa

Hi all folks! My AIS is not receiving a GPS signal so I can't see the boats around me on the display radar. Vhf is working ok.

Any idea what is happening?

Thanks to all. And have a great week end ⛵

Attachments

• 16162694508906648551173734869963.jpg
    16162694508906648551173734869963.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 8

Marlin Prowell

E34 - Bellingham, WA
Your VHF receiver does not receive GPS signals over the air. It needs a separate device to receive GPS information and then send it to your VHF receiver via a NMEA 0183 connection.

Check the Files tab for the Standard Horizon GX2150 web page. There are several examples of wiring your receiver to various chart plotters to receive GPS data from the chart plotter.

imiloa

Your VHF receiver does not receive GPS signals over the air. It needs a separate device to receive GPS information and then send it to your VHF receiver via a NMEA 0183 connection.

Check the Files tab for the Standard Horizon GX2150 web page. There are several examples of wiring your receiver to various chart plotters to receive GPS data from the chart plotter.
Was working well before... Gonna check that nmea connection.. thanks⛵

imiloa

Thanks a lot! Was working fine and suddenly stopped showing me the boats. The plotter is working properly.. no issues at all.. will check that nmea cable⛵