• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Am I the only one [active in northeastern USA]?

ChrisG

Member I
2021 is passing swiftly so I'll suggest Coecles harbor July 17-18. No race or anything, just anchor near each other and socialize. I have an E38 named Shearwater, sail number 298. I usually anchor on the left after entering the harbor. Don't be shy if you see us, just stop on by. Fully vaccinated.

I think this idea needs it's own thread, I'll get one started.

Last edited:

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author
2021 is passing swiftly so I'll suggest Coecles harbor July 17-18. No race or anything, just anchor near each other and socialize. I have an E38 named Shearwater, sail number 298. I usually anchor on the left after entering the harbor. Don't be shy if you see us, just stop on by. Fully vaccinated.

We love Coecles Harbor! That weekend we are meant to be cruising east to Cuttyhunk and Martha's Vineyard....but you never know we could head across Gardners Bay instead if the forecast weather and wave action east is bad.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
General Warning,
Do not go to Block Island on July 4th, everyone and their uncle are visiting.

My Block Island plans begin September 6th, when everyone is back to work, school, and the weather is still warm.

Actually, this includes heading to Groton, Ct, and Long Island Sound.

Bobby Steele

Member II
My E26-2 "ANEMOS" is at NBC. I see "RAVEN" pretty close to my mooring - Is that yours or the other E34 ?
We’re THE RAVEN. Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to enjoy our boat this year. Our daughter is in a brutal custody battle over her infant girl and it’s taking up all of our resources and time for now. Until this, we’d been mostly living on THE RAVEN. I actually sleep best when she’s being tossed in 40knot storms, it seems.
I’m hoping to get up there next week to check the bilge and recharge the batteries

My E30+ is docked in Milford CT. Anchoring off Charles Island is usually a pretty decent place to spend an night or two on anchor and there are a few marinas with transient slips.

Was in Block Island New Harbor Tuesday night on another boat. Definitely busy but we didn't get in until after 6:30 and were still able to get a mooring from the Harbor Master.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Paddlingctdoc,
IT would be nice to run into another E-30+ owner, I will have to make an effort to reach out and meet.

CTOlsen

Member III
Fishers Island Sound is an obstacle course; you must refer to the charts before arriving to plan your course, and refer to your chart plotter while transiting. The middle of FIS is free of challenges, but if you're going into Mystic or Stonington, then mind your charts. The bottom is hard.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
CTOLsen, your advice is what I have read about. I'm looking carefully at Navionics sonar option and navigation aids to find the best path.

hlurie

Great to hear about these CT coast Ericsonians... If anyone wants to venture a bit further east, we're in Padanaram, opposite Cuttyhunk. Happy to help snag a mooring if anyone wants to visit and talk Ericsons

CTOlsen

Member III
Mark
I'm out of town until next weekend. Always glad to help a fellow Ericsonian through a difficult passage, which Fishers Island Sound can be. You'll find safe harbor in Fishers Island "West harbor". Good holding, quick dinghy ride to FIYC. They will ask for proof of immunization, but will let you tie up to their docks. There is ONE restraint on FI, The Pequot Inn ( http://www.thepequot.com/ ). No frills, clientele is primarily the "help", visitors, and those on the island not too proud to boogie.

kiwisailor

Member III
Blogs Author

P.s. heading to Coecles Harbor tomorrow 7/11 for two nights.

mjsouleman

Sustaining Member
Thanks for the help guys, I'm not having much luck with the weather this summer and it is getting late in the season.