• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Anchored at Little Fishermans Cove

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
First time anchoring at Catalina, no more mooring cans for me especially as they are now $46 a night. Bow and Stern anchors set on the first go. The trade-off is getting up several times a night to make sure all is well.
Also... Something you might want to try....I was getting tired of my hand vibrating as I held the tiller for the small outboard on my inflatable so I set the motor at a desired speed and for her to run straight, then I go to the front of the inflatable and sit with an oar and steer from the bow. It's very effective for steering, it takes little effort as only a little bit of the blade is needed and the force of the water holds the oar against the bow, it allows your inflatable to plane better, and it keeps your arm from vibrating off while holding the tiller. I think it's going to be the next hula hoop.

Yesterday evening was beautiful.
PXL_20220724_023404092.jpg

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Where did you anchor? The chart shows many coves that are rarely spoken of....even in forum titles. Hmmm.

Last edited:

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
I wish I knew of a secret cove. In this case Little Fisherman's Cove is just east of the mooring fields at Two Harbors/Isthmus Cove right in front of the campgrounds. It lives up to it's name. I imagine on a busy weekend it would be so tight that if you fell off your bow you would land in your neighbor's cockpit. Anchors still holding steady amidst the afternoon Williwaws.

cove

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
Good Morning. Both anchors held all night and I woke up to a very rare sight. Would this be a Ketch? She ghosted away minutes after I took the photo.

PXL_20220725_144835293.MP.jpg

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
Not that rare. That's either the Irving or Exy Johnson-frequent visitors to Two Harbors in the summer.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Way cool sight! Amazing what can cross our path when we least expect it.
This photo is from after our 2014 visit to the rendezvous and cruising back thru the San Juan's.

(Reply 81)

Bepi

E27 Roxanne
Great weekend. My first bow and stern anchoring at the island went well though my stern anchor wasn't wanting to come up but a trip with the dinghy to right above the site produced results. Thank you to everyone who participates in this forum. My sailing experiences would be far less enjoyable without the valuable information I have gotten from this site.

Martin King

Sustaining Member
Blogs Author
I think that's the Mathew Turner out of San Francisco.
No, it's the Irving Johnson out of LA harbor. They take at risk youth out for overnight trips to Catalina frequently during summer.
irving-johnson-side-by-side-jpg.43735

Attachments

• irving johnson side by side.jpg
    irving johnson side by side.jpg
    922.6 KB · Views: 13